August 1 thru September 25
    online registration closes at NOON
    Cost is $125

ONSITE REGISTRATION
    September 27 thru September 29
    Cost is $150

YOUTH REGISTRATION
    Includes event camping, t-shirt and hog roast
    Ages 17 and under participating in Sunday ride.
    Youth riders must be accompanied by an adult.
    Cost is $65 online or onsite

YOU MUST REGISTER BEFORE SEPT 19 IN ORDER TO GUARANTEE RECEIVING AN EVENT T-SHIRT.

2013 Musical Line-up Featuring
    Derick Howard
    White Lightning Boys
    New Old Calvary
    Chicago Farmer
    Eric Lambert and Friends
    Rumpke Mountain Boys
    Whipstitch Sallies
    and more!

The 9th Annual Brown County Breakdown will take place on Sunday, September 29, 2013 at the IMBA Epic Brown County State Park in beautiful Nashville, Indiana.

Go to www.browncountybreakdown.com for all the info and a link to register for the 9th annual event!

More info about the Brown County trails can be found at Brown County Mountain Bike Trails Nashville, Indiana, USA and Brown County State Park | International Mountain Bicycling Association
    Last edited by thines; 09-07-2013 at 08:27 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Check out the great music line up for the 2013 event!

Music
    Last edited by thines; 09-07-2013 at 08:27 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    The 9th Annual Brown County Breakdown is fast approaching - and you do NOT want to miss this event!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 Brown County Breakdown-2013_bcb_poster.jpg  

Last edited by thines; 09-07-2013 at 08:28 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Hey folks... the Brown County Breakdown is just three weeks away... are you signed up yet!

This is by far going to be our biggest and best Breakdown yet. *

Did you know?
    ~ The Breakdown has added new trail or a new section EVERY YEAR since its 2005 inception.... and this year will be no different! *We're clearing brand new sections of trail NEVER BEFORE OPEN TO MOUNTAIN BIKERS in the near by Yellowwood State Forest - FOR THE SECOND YEAR IN A ROW!! *This will be the only day of the year when you can check it out! *

Did you know?
    ~ The Breakdown is the largest fund-raising event for the Hoosier Mountain Bike Association (Hoosier Mountain Bike Association). *Both 2011 and 2012 saw more than $20,000 going to the organization. *This year we're on track to hit the $100K mark with total money raised since we started in '05!

Did you know?
    ~ Just this year we were listed as one of the "BEST BIKE FESTS" by Outside Magazine. *Only 11 fests were on this list that included such other great events as Crankworx, Downieville Classic, Ride Sun Valley, Dirt Rag's Dirt Fest, Outerbike and more!

Did you know?
    ~ That by registering for the Breakdown AND renewing/joining/extending your IMBA membership you can win a Scott bike with SRAM XX1 group valued at more than $6000! *Check out the website for all the info.

Did you know?
    ~ The Breakdown hosts one of the largest bike and products demos in the Midwest... This year you can check out new product from Giant, Trek, Cannondale, Specialized, Scott Bikes, Diamondback, Liv/giant, SKS-Germany, GORE, Hammer Nutrition, Kitsbow MTB Apparel and more!

Did you know?
    ~ The Breakdown is FAMILY FRIENDLY! *We encourage folks to bring the kids along. *It's a great way to get the whole family involved! *The Saturday demo includes a Family Fun Ride on the IMBA Epic Brown County mountain bike trails as well as the NITRO Kids Zone where the young'ins can spend the afternoon playing on obstacles and having fun! *

Did you know?
    ~ The Breakdown draws riders from across the country. *We already have registrations from California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee and Virginia!

Did you know?
    ~ The Breakdown isn't a race. *We don't keep track of your mileage and we don't care how little or how much you ride. *We simply give you a "suggested" route to explore and you choose how far you want to go. *Our routes can take you up to 100 miles WITHOUT REPEATING ANY TRAIL! *The Breakdown is a celebration of mountain biking... with a little bluegrass thrown in for fun! *

Now that you know a little more about the Breakdown - we hope to see many of you there!

Go to Home for all the info and a link to register!

Ralphie
    Sep 2013
    Can't wait to go, I've signed up to volunteer as well. This will be my first time at the Break Down its going to be awesome.

Yep, gonna be a blast. Not sure whether I want to ride more or party more. Decisions, decisions.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I start looking forward to next year's Breakdown when I'm packed up and driving home from the Breakdown.
    Indy, In.
    Niner Rip 9
    Epic Expert Carbon 650b
    Karate Monkey SS
    Sette Razzo

Ralphie
    Sep 2013
    I'm trying to find enough motivation to do the 45+ mile trail. I've been back in the saddle for about a year now.

2013 Brown County Breakdown

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Schweighauser View Post
    I'm trying to find enough motivation to do the 45+ mile trail. I've been back in the saddle for about a year now.
    I have been wanting to do roughly 50mi. This is my goal distance for longest ride for the year. The "secret" cabin party location midway through that distance is my old boss' cabin. He's the owner of a shop in Indy where I worked part time this summer.

I will be riding the Breakdown with my wife. I just ordered a new (to her) carbon Santa Cruz Blur XC with full XTR drivetrain and brakes for her birthday a month early so she can ride it in the Breakdown, but I dunno if she will be fit enough to do the same distance. I hope so. Would be awesome to say I ran a half marathon AND did a 50 mile mtb ride with her in the same year.

Unfortunately I have been taking it easy for the past few weeks. My right knee has been painful while riding recently and I have been taking joint supplements and resting it in hopes that it will be better by the end of the month. But I do need to get some miles in before the event.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    We have been planning a trip thru Brown county for a couple months now. I'm just now finding out about this event. Our schedule just has time for us to come thru town. Riding Brown County and heading out. Is the trail going to be open for people not participating? And are the trails still able to ride either direction?

2013 Brown County Breakdown

Quote Originally Posted by fordohio View Post
    We have been planning a trip thru Brown county for a couple months now. I'm just now finding out about this event. Our schedule just has time for us to come thru town. Riding Brown County and heading out. Is the trail going to be open for people not participating? And are the trails still able to ride either direction?
    AFAIK, the trails will still be open for people who are not paying for the BCBD. There will be some issues with your plan, though.

1. This is a BIG event and the park will be crowded. There is a huge demo event and music fest on saturday. Parking will be tight. VERY tight, I suspect.

2. Not everyone will be camping but many will. The campground Will fill up if it hasn't already. Most hotel rooms will probably fill if they haven't already. Lodging will be hard to find, and may be impossible to find if you wait too long.

3. If you will be there, you might as well register so you can participate in the rest of the festivities. Otherwise, you will feel left out.