I'm about 80 miles north of palos, so I can't speak specifically to those conditions (though we've had similar weather), but I've been watching the trails around here closely and there has been a lot of drying and firming up this week. Earlier in the week I checked out some local trails on foot and they were still very sloppy, but today I was able to hit them on my mtn bike and 90% of the trail surface was either dry hardpack or slightly damp hardpack. The other 10% was a mix of some soft but rideable sections and isolated muddy spots that I opted to hike-a-bike to avoid leaving bike tracks.
Unfortunately there's rain in the forecast, so I don't expect to be riding this weekend.
Warning: may contain sarcasm and/or crap made up in an attempt to feel important.