mtbr member

Still winter in the U.P.

Woke up this morning to a cold drizzle and a thin layer of ice on my cars, and on my shed roof.

Did I blink and miss summer?

I want to go riding. Outside. On trails. In warm sun.

Sigh...

DynoDon
    I'll send up some warmer weather, I'm in eastern lower Mi. I've been out for a month or so, road first then the 24 of March I started on almost snow free frozen trails, now the trails are wet but only because its raining, they have been good for a few weeks, I have a time trial coming up the 23rd April, my luck it'll rain. Good Luck on getting out of winter soon

mtbr member
    Thanks. It is snowing now. My neighbor's lawn is a nice white.

But after reading news from down south, I have decided not to complain.

DynoDon
    It snowed on me today on my ride in Pontiac, tomorrow morning we should wake to 1 to 2 inches of slush/snow, high of 40f according to the weatherman, man I'm getting to not like that guy...

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I can't even get my car down our road right now. I know this because I threw caution to the wind (literally) and got stuck. The drifts are easily knee-deep, and what makes this even more unbearable is the fact that I just bought a new bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by credible_hulk
    I can't even get my car down our road right now. I know this because I threw caution to the wind (literally) and got stuck. The drifts are easily knee-deep, and what makes this even more unbearable is the fact that I just bought a new bike.
    No drifting here in town. There's a nice glaze of ice on the streets though. If I didn't have to go to work soon, I'd haul out my studded-tire bike and go for a ride.

Yesterday I began building up a frame that I had bought last year. It was a good day to stay inside and build. Heck, if you can't ride, then building's the next best thing, right?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by credible_hulk
    and what makes this even more unbearable is the fact that I just bought a new bike.
    What'd you buy?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I decided I was getting too old for my hard tail, so I bit the bullet and bought a Felt Virtue. Should make things a little more smooth.

mtbr member
    It was the trails in the Marquette area that first opened my eyes to why I might want a full-suspension bike. Your trails out that way are a very different character from the smoothish often sandy stuff near Munising.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I ride the South Trails a lot. Mostly, though, it was my body that told me it was time to upgrade to a full suspension bike. I doesn't look like I'm going to get to break it out any time soon. We're supposed to get some more snow in the next few days.

Members who have read this thread: 0