Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Rode Flow in Marquette yesterday

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  esundell90 
#1 ·
I rode and survived Flow yesterday on the Marquette South Trails. That's an accomplishment for this fifty-year-old, risk-averse rider.

A few years ago I tried Flow on a six-inch-travel all-mountain bike. I was out of my league, had to walk all the rock outcroppings, and pretty much walked about 3/4ths the trail.

Yesterday I tried a second time -- on a rigid cross-country bike with zero suspension travel.

And I made it!

I won't say that I rode it fast, or particularly well. And I did choke three times and walked about 45 feet in total. But I made it down, and it felt good -- a massive improvement over my attempt three years ago. And those three chokes? They give me something improve on next time.

#2 ·
Glad to hear you made it!! Its been a few years since we've ridden any of the Marquette trails. How is the trail markings?? Or maybe I should ask, can someone who's not locale ride these without getting lost??

thanks!

#3 ·
Glad to hear you made it!! Its been a few years since we've ridden any of the Marquette trails. How is the trail markings?? Or maybe I should ask, can someone who's not locale ride these without getting lost??
Signage is fantastic compared to what it was a few years back. Key intersections are numbered, and have signposts showing maps. Confidence markers occur at reasonable intervals.

There are a few places where one might need to pause and scratch one's head and think about where the trail went, but that's pretty much the case on any system.

#4 ·
Flow rules. 2nd favorite gravity trail in mqt. I ride it rigid, and I'm not too far behind my buddies on the bigger travel bikes. The new section at the end where it crosses over the other trail and they put in giant burms and a few sweet jumps is so awesome!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.