mtbr member
    Mar 2016

Places to ride in western Detroit MI

I am graduating college in a may and am considering moving to Lovinia MI for a job opportunity. I am wondering if anyone who lives in the area is familiar with any good singletrack to ride. I would also being making frequent trips to northern Ohio and Indiana (south bend) so any trails there might be an option as well. Looking for stuff within half an hour of the areas listed a above. Any feedback is helpful.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Lot's of good trails in that area check out MMBA, Potowatami, Novi tree farm, Highland are a few of the best in the area. I live in Toledo which has a brand new 10 mile trail in a very remote 5000 acre park called Oak openings

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    MMBA FTW!

Livonia is within 30 minutes of plenty of trails to keep you busy for awhile... and another few minutes in the car gets you gnarlier / longer trails.

Have fun exploring!

-Tom

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Depending on where in Livonia you live, you should be able to ride to Maybury and/or Hines Drive (Wayne county) Trails.

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmax View Post
    Lot's of good trails in that area check out MMBA, Potowatami, Novi tree farm, Highland are a few of the best in the area. I live in Toledo which has a brand new 10 mile trail in a very remote 5000 acre park called Oak openings
    How is that trail? I'm only an hour from there, worth the drive?

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    I actually grew up in Livonia and live not too far from there now. Just to hit on what others have mentioned. Livonia is pretty central to most of the trails in the metro area. So not far in either direction will get you to the favorites.

You may be able to ride to maybury, tree farm, Hines.

30 in the car will get you to island lake, Milford trail, highland rec area, Pontiac Lake.

45-60 minutes in the car will get you to Brighton rec area, Potowatami (probably the best), Waterloo rec area, Stoney creek, Addison oaks, bloomer state park, bald mountain, holdridge.

2 hours will get you to Grand Rapids or Battle Creek, which has a few awesome trails as well.

And hop on the MMBA forum.