Results 1 to 66 of 66
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    38

    Hello from Missouri :-)

    Hey guys/gals. My name is Tyler and I'm new to the forum and mtn biking.. I wanted to stop by the Midwest section and say hello :-).

    I'm 25 years old and I am from Central Missouri. I just recently got into biking again ( last time was when I was a kid ) and purchased my first non Wal-mart bike. My purchase was a 2014 Specialized Hardrock 29er Disc hardtail.

    I am looking forward to learning a lot from the forums, and I hope that you all don't bash me too hard :-)
    Last edited by Mid_Mo_Biker; 08-19-2013 at 06:24 AM.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    38
    Where are all the Missouri'ans at? :-)

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    106
    Welcome to the forums. I'm actually an Illinois'an, but do a lot of my riding and racing in Missouri, the St. Louis area specifically. There is a ton of great information on these forums, so you've come to the right place being a new rider. And congrats on the new bike. Now get off the forums and go ride that thing

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    213
    Peace from Hell...

    bab74 on GORC

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: HillbillyTom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by Mid_Mo_Biker View Post
    Where are all the Missouri'ans at? :-)
    Welcome to the forum!
    I'm in the Springfield area. Lotta good riding in this part of the country if you ever get down here.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyTom View Post
    Welcome to the forum!
    I'm in the Springfield area. Lotta good riding in this part of the country if you ever get down here.
    Would love to go down there once I get in good enough shape, and tear those trails up!

  7. #7
    2006 Yeti AS-X
    Reputation: Lawson Raider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,061
    Kansas City Missourian here! Welcome to the forums and +1 on the Ozark riding - lots of great trails down there - the new one in Branson (White River Valley Trails) is pretty fun and right there in town. Lake Leatherwood in Eureka Springs Arkansas is a sweet system as well.

    Kansas City has over 100 miles of singletrack to ride from easy to advanced and Crowder State Park up in Trenton, MO has some sweet trails as well.
    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    656
    St. Louis here. If you're ever at Lost Valley, Matson Hill, Castlewood, or Greensfelder you may pass me on the side of the trail gasping for air.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RossJamis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyTom View Post
    Welcome to the forum!
    I'm in the Springfield area. Lotta good riding in this part of the country if you ever get down here.
    Life is taking me to Missouri. When we land we will be near Joplin. Can anyone point me to some good trails/areas to ride? I have been researching but finding very, very little. Compared to P.A. it would seem no one Mt bikes there.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: HillbillyTom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by RossJamis View Post
    Life is taking me to Missouri. When we land we will be near Joplin. Can anyone point me to some good trails/areas to ride? I have been researching but finding very, very little. Compared to P.A. it would seem no one Mt bikes there.
    There isn't much for trails in the Joplin area, pretty much only rail and greenway trails. Local bike shop link..Bicycle Specialists.. that has a list of everything in the area. Mostly all privately owned farm land around there, and not much in the way of terrain to work with. In order to find trails, your going to have to travel up toward KC, toward the middle of the state (Columbia/Jeff City), or over my way.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RossJamis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyTom View Post
    There isn't much for trails in the Joplin area, pretty much only rail and greenway trails. Local bike shop link..Bicycle Specialists.. that has a list of everything in the area. Mostly all privately owned farm land around there, and not much in the way of terrain to work with. In order to find trails, your going to have to travel up toward KC, toward the middle of the state (Columbia/Jeff City), or over my way.
    Traveling is not a problem, I love to explore new areas. What about in the south? I see several conservation areas and Roaring River State Park? I maybe further south of Joplin around Neosho. Thanks

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Anom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    69

    Re: Hello from Missouri :-)

    New trail in Nixa area just south of Springfield, Two Rivers Mountain Bike Park. I haven't been but looks fun from the YouTube videos.

    Posted with my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RossJamis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by Anom View Post
    New trail in Nixa area just south of Springfield, Two Rivers Mountain Bike Park. I haven't been but looks fun from the YouTube videos.

    Posted with my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2.
    Thanks Anom, that looks like a nice option.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: HillbillyTom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    226
    I'm at Two Rivers every weekend, great place. Springfield area also has Sac River, Busiek, and Table Rock State Park trail.
    I don't know of any trail systems in the Neosho area really. Did a race at Camp Crowder one time years ago, but I don't think it's an open to the public trail system.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    175
    Hey all! Hit castlewood this morning around 10:30am-11am til about 1, trail rides great but damn is it dusty!! We need some rain badly, I was on my Burnt Orange 06 Diamondback Response.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by RossJamis View Post
    Traveling is not a problem, I love to explore new areas. What about in the south? I see several conservation areas and Roaring River State Park? I maybe further south of Joplin around Neosho. Thanks
    You're not too far from all kinds of crazy good trail in Arkansas. There's some good stuff around Bentonville (1 hour drive) and an epic amount of sweet trail in the Ouachita National Forest (3 hour drive).

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RossJamis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by mesome View Post
    You're not too far from all kinds of crazy good trail in Arkansas. There's some good stuff around Bentonville (1 hour drive) and an epic amount of sweet trail in the Ouachita National Forest (3 hour drive).
    Thanks I will keep those in mind. Ouachita would be good for a weekend trip. We have friends in Arkansas and family in TX so we would be going right through that area.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bikeCOLORADO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,888
    Two. Rivers. Bike. Park.

    I started riding in Colorado in '99. I am a VERY spoiled Colorado rider. Have lived in/near Springfield for three years. Was VERY disappointed with Little Sac River.

    I went to Two Rivers last weekend. Will be there again this Saturday. I can not say it plainly enough...this is a paradigm shift in Mountain Bike riding in this region - it is that good, so well planned out and supported.
    "I may be old and fat, but at least I'm slow." - Me


  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Simpledesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    440

    Re: Hello from Missouri :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by bikeCOLORADO View Post
    Two. Rivers. Bike. Park.

    I started riding in Colorado in '99. I am a VERY spoiled Colorado rider. Have lived in/near Springfield for three years. Was VERY disappointed with Little Sac River.

    I went to Two Rivers last weekend. Will be there again this Saturday. I can not say it plainly enough...this is a paradigm shift in Mountain Bike riding in this region - it is that good, so well planned out and supported.
    And we haven't even started phase 2

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    '12 Trek Marlin Signature Green
    '13 Santa Cruz Tallboy LT Gulf Blue/Orange

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: HillbillyTom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    226
    Yeah, you don't want to go to Sac River this time of year. I rode there a couple weeks ago and got eaten alive by chiggers. Was like a monkey scratching fleas for the next few days.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bikeCOLORADO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,888
    Simpledesign....who 'dat? You'd know me as Keith Donaldson from the Freeride Syndicate or Trailspring.
    "I may be old and fat, but at least I'm slow." - Me


  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Simpledesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    440
    I'm Kelly with the Santa Cruz, not Kelly with the fat bike.
    '12 Trek Marlin Signature Green
    '13 Santa Cruz Tallboy LT Gulf Blue/Orange

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bikeCOLORADO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,888
    See you tomorrow?
    "I may be old and fat, but at least I'm slow." - Me


  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MObiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    213
    I am also moving to Joplin from Mid Missouri. I will be looking for the occasional trip for a mtn bike ride.
    If the path ahead looks dangerous ------- it probably is!

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Simpledesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    440

    Re: Hello from Missouri :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by bikeCOLORADO View Post
    See you tomorrow?
    Sunday crew now

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    '12 Trek Marlin Signature Green
    '13 Santa Cruz Tallboy LT Gulf Blue/Orange

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: HillbillyTom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    226
    Don't forget your bug repellant. The mosquitoes today were big and ferocious. Couple times I heard what sounded like a horse fly swinging by for a look. Deet or be eaten alive.
    Salsa El Mariachi 29er
    Giant CFR Team Road Bike
    Kona Jake the Snake
    '03 Yz250
    '05 Ducati 749

  27. #27
    Who is John Galt?
    Reputation: Big Jim Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,732
    Welcome to Missouri. Hey Joplin folks. Don't miss the Bicentennial Trail at Neosho, great place to ride. There's even a bridge that goes through an old house foundation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hello from Missouri :-)-bicentennial-trail.jpg  

    What, me hurry?

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MObiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    213
    Big Jim, let me know when you are down Joplin way!
    If the path ahead looks dangerous ------- it probably is!

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RossJamis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim Mac View Post
    Welcome to Missouri. Hey Joplin folks. Don't miss the Bicentennial Trail at Neosho, great place to ride. There's even a bridge that goes through an old house foundation.
    So there is a trail in Neosho, that's great can you give more info or a link about the trail?

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MObiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by RossJamis View Post
    So there is a trail in Neosho, that's great can you give more info or a link about the trail?
    Bicential Missouri Trail Reviews
    If the path ahead looks dangerous ------- it probably is!

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RossJamis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    385
    Thanks Mobiker!

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: HillbillyTom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    226
    News to me too! I did a search for trails in the Neosho area and drew a blank, had to have the exact name for it to work. Here's a little more detailed map of the trail system.. Bicentennial Trail: Neosho MTB and Reviews
    Salsa El Mariachi 29er
    Giant CFR Team Road Bike
    Kona Jake the Snake
    '03 Yz250
    '05 Ducati 749

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    38
    Hey guys, I'm really sorry. I had forgotten all about making this thread Any who, Great discussion! Also this past weekend I went to Rockbridge state park near Columbia. The trails there were a blast, but a lot different to the trails at Binder Park that I'm used to.. They scared me lol.. Not used to soft pack trails with huge roots and monster rocks lol.

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Simpledesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    440
    Two Rivers Video

    '12 Trek Marlin Signature Green
    '13 Santa Cruz Tallboy LT Gulf Blue/Orange

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bikeCOLORADO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,888
    "I may be old and fat, but at least I'm slow." - Me


  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Simpledesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    440
    revised gravity trails

    '12 Trek Marlin Signature Green
    '13 Santa Cruz Tallboy LT Gulf Blue/Orange

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by RossJamis View Post
    Life is taking me to Missouri. When we land we will be near Joplin. Can anyone point me to some good trails/areas to ride? I have been researching but finding very, very little. Compared to P.A. it would seem no one Mt bikes there.
    I used to ride some trails in Pittsburg but its been 5 or 6 years so I don't know if they're still open.

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    104
    Hi, another Missourian here. I just joined this forum.

    I am a beginner on trails, but got hooked recently after trying out the easy trails in Castlewood and Bootleggers Run in Creve Coeur. Now I have a Superfly FS9 on order (replacing a '92 Rockhopper). I should have it any day now.

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation: HillbillyTom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    226
    Weather is cooling off now, leaves are falling. Rained a lot for 2 days and more predicted for tomorrow, so figuring Two Rivers will likely be closed, or very restricted, until it dries out a bit.
    Supposed to be sunny and cool from Friday on, so think I'll go check out the White River Valley Trail system (http://mostateparks.com/sites/defaul...railsystem.pdf) one day this weekend. Probably be a good time to play in the hills at Busiek too.
    Salsa El Mariachi 29er
    Giant CFR Team Road Bike
    Kona Jake the Snake
    '03 Yz250
    '05 Ducati 749

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MObiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    213
    I am in the process of moving to Joplin also. I rode some trail off the Frisco trail the other day. It's not the best but it has potential if someone would take the time to re-route all the myriad of trails into one singletrack. There are also some downhills that need redone.
    If the path ahead looks dangerous ------- it probably is!

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by RaceTripper View Post
    Hi, another Missourian here. I just joined this forum.

    I am a beginner on trails, but got hooked recently after trying out the easy trails in Castlewood and Bootleggers Run in Creve Coeur. Now I have a Superfly FS9 on order (replacing a '92 Rockhopper). I should have it any day now.
    My new bike came in today. While picking it up I also bought a Superfly FS 6 for my wife. We'll both be on our new rides in Castlewood on Saturday, weather permitting.

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jkidd_39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by RossJamis View Post
    Traveling is not a problem, I love to explore new areas. What about in the south? I see several conservation areas and Roaring River State Park? I maybe further south of Joplin around Neosho. Thanks
    Dude.. Northwest Arkansas (NWA)... 30 minutes away from you.. Blowing Springs.. Slaughterpen.. bella vista lake trail... All American Trail... Lincoln Park.. Hobbs state park 30 minutes away.. leatherwood in eureka springs AR.. Hit me up if you wanna come ride.. We have group rides every sat morning.. monday and thursday nights if you have a light.

    We usually have smaller rides every night. I'll show you around if you want.. we never drop anyone... and Mojo Cycles in bentonville is a great shop.

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wakeboarderdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    13
    Prospective newbie here from the Jefferson City area. I've been wanting to get into Mountain Biking for a while now and finally have the funds. Is there enough time left in the season to make buying a bike now worthwhile or should I save up and buy a better bike in the spring? If I was going to buy a bike now it would probably in the $700-800 and I might be able to push that to $1000 in the spring.

    I think I'm going to start by renting a bike from Cycle Extreme in Columbia and then try and find a bike after that.

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation: HillbillyTom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by wakeboarderdave View Post
    Prospective newbie here from the Jefferson City area. I've been wanting to get into Mountain Biking for a while now and finally have the funds. Is there enough time left in the season to make buying a bike now worthwhile or should I save up and buy a better bike in the spring? If I was going to buy a bike now it would probably in the $700-800 and I might be able to push that to $1000 in the spring.

    I think I'm going to start by renting a bike from Cycle Extreme in Columbia and then try and find a bike after that.
    Still a lot of riding time left, layer right and you can ride most all winter long. Shop around a bit and $750 will get you a pretty nice ride. $1k will get you a bit better stuff, but nothing really earth shaking. The noticeable spec jump usually happens around $1200-$1300. As for rental, that's always $$ wasted IMO. Put that toward cool/cold weather riding gear.
    I'd say go ahead and get a $750 bike and ride it. Another $200 up in bike isn't going to make nearly as much difference as the skill you gain during the 4-5 months you would miss waiting for spring.
    Salsa El Mariachi 29er
    Giant CFR Team Road Bike
    Kona Jake the Snake
    '03 Yz250
    '05 Ducati 749

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    104
    $700-800 spent now on a closeout deal might go further than $1000 spent in the spring when closeouts could be fewer and farther between.

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jkidd_39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    982

    Hello from Missouri :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyTom View Post
    Still a lot of riding time left, layer right and you can ride most all winter long. Shop around a bit and $750 will get you a pretty nice ride. $1k will get you a bit better stuff, but nothing really earth shaking. The noticeable spec jump usually happens around $1200-$1300. As for rental, that's always $$ wasted IMO. Put that toward cool/cold weather riding gear.
    I'd say go ahead and get a $750 bike and ride it. Another $200 up in bike isn't going to make nearly as much difference as the skill you gain during the 4-5 months you would miss waiting for spring.
    ^^^ this.

    There is almost no difference in a $750 to $1000 bike. It's going to be an entry level bike. Which is fine. Don't worry if it's a x5-x7 level or shimano equivalent grade components. Just ride.

    After you burn a few thousand it will be time for specialized parts.

    Find a shop that takes care of you. That will do a follow up tune after you stretch the cables and warp the rotors.

    Then get some cold gear under armour and ride. Then next spring you can start to look to a new bike or maybe a good rear derailleur. Which I think is the most important part on a ride.

    Pick a color you like and go.

    There is also companies that do internet orders. Jenson USA has a Jamis dragon 29 that's a steel hard tail for $800 that would be a smoking deal. The tower fork is the same one I run on my $4 k yelli screamy build.

    Airborne is another good entry level company.

  47. #47
    Ultimate Poseur
    Reputation: moff_quigley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by jkidd_39 View Post
    <snip>... maybe a good rear derailleur. Which I think is the most important part on a ride.
    You're trolling aren't you? Please tell me you aren't serious.

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jkidd_39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    982

    Hello from Missouri :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by moff_quigley View Post
    You're trolling aren't you? Please tell me you aren't serious.
    ??? How is not a great upgrade?? No need for a chain guide with a type 2 deraileur. No chain slap. Shifts a ton smoother.

    For a beginner yes.

    Please correct me if needed..

  49. #49
    Ultimate Poseur
    Reputation: moff_quigley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by jkidd_39 View Post
    ??? How is not a great upgrade?? No need for a chain guide with a type 2 deraileur. No chain slap. Shifts a ton smoother.

    For a beginner yes.

    Please correct me if needed..
    He's buying a beginner/entry level bike. He should beat it to death for 1-2 seasons then the next bike can have all the bells and whistles once he knows what he likes and how he rides. If he has to stick with the 1st bike for a while then the "best" upgrades come in shaving rotational weight ie. wheels and tires.

    Anyhoo...this is contrary to the point of this thread. Cheers!

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    43
    Columbia is the site of the show me state games at Rock Bridge state park, just check the trail condition hotline. Cosmo park is a stop on the UFD race schedule. Binder park in Jefferson City has some nice trails and the there is Lake of the Ozarks stat park not too far away. If you just want to pound out some miles hit the Katy Trail. The spur leaves Columbia the hits the trail around Lucy's bar in McBaine. That should be a start.

  51. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Slow old Geezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4

    New member, Northwest MO

    Hello, new to forum also, in the St Joe area. Looking forward to riding some of the local trails.

  52. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jkidd_39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    982

    Hello from Missouri :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by Slow old Geezer View Post
    Hello, new to forum also, in the St Joe area. Looking forward to riding some of the local trails.
    Welcome!! There is a good trail in st. Joe. Name eludes me tho. And check out landou in kc.

  53. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation: HillbillyTom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow old Geezer View Post
    Hello, new to forum also, in the St Joe area. Looking forward to riding some of the local trails.
    Welcome to the forum! Here is a St Joe local MTB blog site that might interest you.. STJMTB
    Salsa El Mariachi 29er
    Giant CFR Team Road Bike
    Kona Jake the Snake
    '03 Yz250
    '05 Ducati 749

  54. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Slow old Geezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4
    Great! Thank you.

  55. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    43
    Go to earthriders web site for info on all the kc area trails. This is a very good orginaztiion.

  56. #56
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim Mac View Post
    Welcome to Missouri. Hey Joplin folks. Don't miss the Bicentennial Trail at Neosho, great place to ride. There's even a bridge that goes through an old house foundation.
    Hows Bicenten. Looking lately?

  57. #57
    mtbr member
    Reputation: HardLuck682's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    51
    I'm in St. Louis, MO and also just getting back into riding.


    ...sent from my mind, using telepathy!

  58. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    18
    Independence, MO here, waiting for the rain to let me check out some single track here, been waiting for a couple of months now. Aaaahhhhhhhh.

  59. #59
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by HardLuck682 View Post
    I'm in St. Louis, MO and also just getting back into riding.
    ...sent from my mind, using telepathy!
    Me too, just picked up a 29er. Excited to start riding again.

  60. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    409
    UNITED IN DIRT
    Local Dirt Racing

    Earthriders is our local organization for trail building/advocacy and the main website is down right now. Currently making the transition to being Urban Trail Co. Urban Trail Co

    Local Trail Forum for seeing when trails are open/closed and for meeting up to ride or do trail maintenance.
    EarthRiders Forum - Index page

  61. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wakeboarderdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    13
    Just got a black and green Trek X Caliber 7 last weekend. It's my first bike in about 15 years. The two times I've been out at Binder lake have been a blast so far!

  62. #62
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    4
    Hey everybody new to the forum and just back into mountain biking. Needed to spice things up and do more riding then just on the road. I'm out of the Springfield area and looking forward to hitting some trails. Cheers..

  63. #63
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    656
    You're near two rivers bike park. You'll have to tell us how it is.

  64. #64
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    4
    Yea I most definitely will.

  65. #65
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bikeCOLORADO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonerider84 View Post
    Hey everybody new to the forum and just back into mountain biking. Needed to spice things up and do more riding then just on the road. I'm out of the Springfield area and looking forward to hitting some trails. Cheers..
    Join MORC.
    https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?i...urce=typeahead

    If you don't Facebook, the comprehensive Ozarks Cycling Calendar is here:
    Ozarks Area Cycling Calendar

  66. #66
    Steering Box Scraper #1
    Reputation: DubStyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    15
    I don't know if I posted to this yet. KCMO, Warrensburg/Knob Noster area. New to CX this season, spent a lot of time on my road bike last season. I ditched it to get an s-works Crux. Now I have one instead of two bikes. First Cross ride (they called race) was in Rocheport, MO. "The Hell of the Mid-West" and we know why after completing 50 miles. LoL
    Anthony
    ____________________
    www.steeringboxscrapers.net

  67. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation: zgxtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    258

    Hello from Missouri :-)

    I reside in Oklahoma however I am returning to the MTB scene and we have a family farm in McDonald County so figured I would hop over and check in with you all. Hoping to be able to take a day away from the farm at times to enjoy some riding in the SW MO/NW AR area a couple of times a month.

    Wanted to present you all with the list I had accumulated and get your feedback on what's worth it, what's not, etc. since I am only familiar with what we have here in Oklahoma.

    • Blowing Springs (Bella Vista)
    • Back 40/Pinion Creek (Bella Vista)
    • Slaughter Pen (Bentonville)
    • Hidden Diversity (Rogers)
    • Lake Atalanta (Rogers)
    • White River Valley (Branson)
    • Two Rivers (Highlandville)
    • Frisco-Greenway Trail (Joplin)
    • Mort Walker Trail (Neosho)
    • Busiek State Forest (Springfield)
    • Chadwick (Springfield)

    I've been hitting Singletrack's App pretty hard trying to plan my riding out that way but figured you guys may know a little better!

    Additionally... here in Oklahoma I could probably get by with a Top Fuel tweaked to make it a bit more comfortable and call it a day. Would a Fuel EX be more appropriate for the terrain you guys encounter up in your woods? I'm not exactly the hucker type but at this point I am beyond my exclusive XC racing past and would like to have some more fun/adventure so the EX seems to not restrict me in ways.

    As for rubber, what do you guys find best to run in your terrain? If it helps, I am partial to Maxxis if anyone has found a successful 29er Maxxis combo that works well.

    Thanks for any intel you guys can provide.

    Brad

Similar Threads

  1. Good Missouri Trails??
    By Harrison Schober in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-28-2013, 11:16 AM
  2. Hello from Missouri!
    By magoo_lc1 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-08-2013, 08:48 PM
  3. Berryman Trail, Missouri
    By Daryn in forum Midwest - IL, IN, OH, KY, IA, MO, MI
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-17-2013, 08:44 AM
  4. Missouri is now located in the Midwest-Duh!
    By HouseNotes in forum Great Plains - OK, KS, NE, SD, ND
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-26-2013, 02:21 AM
  5. Downhill in Missouri
    By Yurik in forum Great Plains - OK, KS, NE, SD, ND
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-17-2012, 10:25 AM

Members who have read this thread: 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •