Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 151
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    60

    Cincinnati area riding group

    Hey guys,

    I'm a beginner that started riding about 6 weeks ago. I'm living in the Cincinnati area, and I decided that this would be a great hobby to get into. I joined CORA, but it doesn't seem like they have any forum to get together with other members. I thought there would be more opportunities to meet other riders, but I have probably only seen 1 person on a trail. I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in a group ride. If anyone in the Cincinnati area wouldn't mind letting a noob tag along, please send me a pm and we can exchange contact info.

    Thanks,
    Sherman

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    232

    Cincinnati area riding group

    I'd be down sometime. 1362 and I rode devou on Monday.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by shermanb View Post
    Hey guys,

    I'm a beginner that started riding about 6 weeks ago. I'm living in the Cincinnati area, and I decided that this would be a great hobby to get into. I joined CORA, but it doesn't seem like they have any forum to get together with other members. I thought there would be more opportunities to meet other riders, but I have probably only seen 1 person on a trail. I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in a group ride. If anyone in the Cincinnati area wouldn't mind letting a noob tag along, please send me a pm and we can exchange contact info.

    Thanks,
    Sherman
    Look up the greater cincinnati mountain bikers group on facebook.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    437
    Hello People!
    I ran Devou today, had some mud holes and I tried to drain a few. Rest was awesome. If it does not rain tonight, anybody want to meet for a noob, beginner, just plain out of shape ride in morning 8-9am?

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by 1362 View Post
    Hello People!
    I ran Devou today, had some mud holes and I tried to drain a few. Rest was awesome. If it does not rain tonight, anybody want to meet for a noob, beginner, just plain out of shape ride in morning 8-9am?
    If you're out of shape you should meet us at EI saturday morning (7-29) 8am at the main trailhead for some strength/endurance training (volunteer Trail day)

    If you get there past 8am, just follow the signs/flags to the work area!!

    Get a good workout and give back a little!

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    232

    Cincinnati area riding group

    You know, the last three times they have had a trail work day, I have been out of town!

    Also I would give the time trials a try. Good friendly competition. Last week is this wed though

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    437
    Sorry, but when it was obvious the rain was here, I figured you guys wouldn't trail work either. So, I went painting the MIL's house.


    Quote Originally Posted by bc3xx0 View Post
    If you're out of shape you should meet us at EI saturday morning (7-29) 8am at the main trailhead for some strength/endurance training (volunteer Trail day)

    If you get there past 8am, just follow the signs/flags to the work area!!

    Get a good workout and give back a little!

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    60
    Is there an email list or something I can get on for the trail work days? Does CORA send out a newsletter?

    Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk 4 Beta

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by shermanb View Post
    Is there an email list or something I can get on for the trail work days? Does CORA send out a newsletter?

    Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Like your local or favorite trails on Facebook. They will post up whether the trails are open or closed and post up info like trail days...

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by bc3xx0 View Post
    Like your local or favorite trails on Facebook. They will post up whether the trails are open or closed and post up info like trail days...
    agreed. idlewild is very good about keeping info up to date.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    60
    I'm not a huge Facebook guy. Is there a way to get my Facebook to email me alerts?

    Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk 4 Beta

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    232

    Cincinnati area riding group

    Not sure. I don't think so, but I've never tried

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by shermanb View Post
    I'm not a huge Facebook guy. Is there a way to get my Facebook to email me alerts?

    Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Go to the page and click like. Once it shows liked, hold your cursor arrow over it and options will pop up. select "get notifications" when it's selected it will show a check mark. Next, select settings, and hit all updates.

    You also need to make sure that your facebook is set up to send notifications and your email doesn't automatically filter to spam.

    This is instructions for the full site...... Can't say how to do it on mobile.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    232

    Cincinnati area riding group

    Nice that's good to know!

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    437
    looks like blah for this weekend
    bummer

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    232

    Cincinnati area riding group

    Yeah it will be a few days till we can ride after the monsoon today

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    60
    Unfortunately, the forecast looks pretty gloomy for another week at least. It might take a good week of sunny weather to dry out the trails if there is never really any time to drain.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    437
    there goes my slight fitness gain of riding last 3 weeks.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    60

    Re: Cincinnati area riding group

    Quote Originally Posted by 1362 View Post
    there goes my slight fitness gain of riding last 3 weeks.
    I don't know how prideful you are, but jumping rope is pretty good for conditioning. It's not as boring as running. Just think to yourself "boxers do it too."

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    437
    Saturday morning,13th, Looks like a go? anybody?

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    232

    Cincinnati area riding group

    I might be good with that but I can't go till afternoon

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    60

    Re: Cincinnati area riding group

    Quote Originally Posted by 1362 View Post
    Saturday morning,13th, Looks like a go? anybody?
    What time are you looking at?

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    232

    Cincinnati area riding group

    I can do anytime Saturday I guess I misread the day and thought it was Sunday

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    60

    Re: Cincinnati area riding group

    Quote Originally Posted by gregers05 View Post
    I can do anytime Saturday I guess I misread the day and thought it was Sunday
    If you wanna go Sunday I can make it anytime. I'll be at Hueston Woods with a couple friends tomorrow at around 2pm. They're supernoobies so they will rent bikes. I don't know if you want to join us tomorrow, but let me know if you're interested in a Sunday ride.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    232

    Cincinnati area riding group

    I'm good for riding Sunday after 2 as well. Ill probably ride Monday after I get off work too. Looks like more rain later in the week so trying to get my riding in while I can

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    232

    Cincinnati area riding group

    Sherman I will probably ride tomorrow around 2 unless something comes up between now and then

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    60

    Re: Cincinnati area riding group

    Quote Originally Posted by gregers05 View Post
    Sherman I will probably ride tomorrow around 2 unless something comes up between now and then
    What park will you be riding? Where do you want to meet?

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    232

    Cincinnati area riding group

    Would be riding idlewild. We could meet at the first parking lot on the right when you get in the park.

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    60

    Re: Cincinnati area riding group

    Quote Originally Posted by gregers05 View Post
    Would be riding idlewild. We could meet at the first parking lot on the right when you get in the park.
    OK. See you there at 2pm. If anyone else wants to join, you know the details now. Idlewild parking lot at 2pm.

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    232

    Cincinnati area riding group

    Sounds good ill be in a black tacoma

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    60
    So do you think the Saturday rain will make Sunday unrideable? Maybe a Saturday morning ride?

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    437

    Saturday am ride?

    Quote Originally Posted by shermanb View Post
    So do you think the Saturday rain will make Sunday unrideable? Maybe a Saturday morning ride?
    I am all up for Saturday morning ride. I think Sunday will be out per current forecast. We will have to see Friday what weather is really going to do.
    Do you have a trail a little closer to your area you would like to try?
    Idlewild or Devou are fine by me.
    Anybody else care to join in?

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    60
    I am still a noob, and I don't really know the trails around my area really well. I have Cease creek pretty close. I want to try out Devou though. Looks like a good time.

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    118
    If you're wanting to check out Caesar Creek, I live just south of Centerville (technically in Waynesville) and may head to the trail this Saturday morning some time

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    60

    Re: Cincinnati area riding group

    Quote Originally Posted by sxshep View Post
    If you're wanting to check out Caesar Creek, I live just south of Centerville (technically in Waynesville) and may head to the trail this Saturday morning some time
    Cool. Let me know what time. I'd definitely like to ride ceasar creek.

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    437
    We had 6 riders around 6:30pm Tuesday at England Idlewild here in Burlington KY.
    Good ride about 10miles in just over an hour. If you need somebody to have fun ride with, post here for a time to meet.
    Brian

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    60
    The sun is out to dry up all the rain. Looks like we have a beautiful riding weekend ahead of us. Let's take FULL advanatage of it.

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    232
    Idk man, it rained a TON last night. It might take another full day of sun to dry up the trails

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    437
    I posted on both sites to see if they will be open providing no more rain. Yes, it did rain a ton last night, I had a cooler outside and it was 1/3 full , so couple inches at least.
    As of right now I am planning on riding Saturday morning, either Devou or Idlewild. Let's see if either says open.

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    60
    Yea, it rained a lot, but I'm always optimistic. We had almost a whole day to dry out. It didn't rain long here. Plus it could've rained less near the trails.

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    232
    I live about 3 miles from the trails, I think they probably got the rain I got last night. I think they might be okay late afternoon

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    60
    Dam. Well I can hope. I have to be somewhere in the late afternoon tomorrow, but I can ride until 4pm. I might just go to idlewild at 2pm, and if the trail is closed, I'll just fish for a couple hours.

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    437
    I will be at upper lot as usual at 2pm, anybody else want to join in, just first lot on right when you turn into park!
    B

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    232
    I don't think I'll be able to ride till later this afternoon. Going with a real estate agent to look at houses for a while today so not sure how long we will be doing that. Ill make it at 2 if I can, if not don't wait on me

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    437
    If trails are slick, I will just be doing a short ride. Still need ribs to heal anyway, can't take chance on hard crashes.

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    60
    How are we looking today? Anyone up for a ride?

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    232
    I'm out for today

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    60

    Re: Cincinnati area riding group

    Went out for a ride at keehner park, and this happens.

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    232

    Cincinnati area riding group

    Not sure what I'm looking at since I don't run clip less. Something bent?

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by gregers05 View Post
    Not sure what I'm looking at since I don't run clip less. Something bent?
    Sherman, did you forget to screw those to your shoes ? There should have been a steel plate you put on the inside of your shoe and then you screw the cleats into that. (I think)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Night Riding Around Cincinnati
    By jumpthestump in forum Midwest - IL, IN, OH, KY, IA, MO, MI
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-02-2012, 04:53 AM
  2. Riding around Cincinnati??
    By biggearss in forum Midwest - IL, IN, OH, KY, IA, MO, MI
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-07-2012, 09:53 AM
  3. Calling all MTBRs in the Cincinnati area
    By tangaroo in forum Midwest - IL, IN, OH, KY, IA, MO, MI
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-27-2012, 07:15 AM
  4. Looking for riding partners in Cincinnati/ Loveland
    By uphiller in forum Midwest - IL, IN, OH, KY, IA, MO, MI
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-09-2012, 06:39 PM
  5. Anyone in Cincinnati area trying to set up weekly rides?
    By velveteer in forum Midwest - IL, IN, OH, KY, IA, MO, MI
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-25-2012, 11:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •