Rocks Rock

Womble Sat 11/17 and Sun 11/18

Are there any group rides on the Womble this weekend or anyone that just likes showing off the most technical parts of the Womble to someone from out of state? I would like to camp Fri and Sat night and ride Sat and maybe some Sun. Looking for suggestions where to tent camp and someone to ride with. Thanks in advance.
    When we teach all children from age 5 on to meditate just 1 hour per week on compassion war will end within 3 generations.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Lots of good free / cheap tent camping in the Ouachita National Forest. Rocky Shoals and Fulton Branch are closest.

https://fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOC...sm9_039236.pdf
    and
    Ouachita National Forest - Maps & Publications

I'm only familiar with a few stretches of the Womble, south of the river. So, not sure which tech sections you mean.

Anyway, I'm driving up this weekend but can't make it to Womble til Monday at the earliest. I do know there's a race at Cedar Glades (Hot Springs) on Sunday, so most of the mtb'ers will probably be over there.

Rocks Rock

Thanks aggie

Quote Originally Posted by fatoldaggie View Post
    Lots of good free / cheap tent camping in the Ouachita National Forest. Rocky Shoals and Fulton Branch are closest.

https://fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOC...sm9_039236.pdf
    and
    Ouachita National Forest - Maps & Publications

I'm only familiar with a few stretches of the Womble, south of the river. So, not sure which tech sections you mean.

Anyway, I'm driving up this weekend but can't make it to Womble til Monday at the earliest. I do know there's a race at Cedar Glades (Hot Springs) on Sunday, so most of the mtb'ers will probably be over there.
    Wish I was going to be there Mon. to ride with you. Thanks for the info. Have a great time.
    When we teach all children from age 5 on to meditate just 1 hour per week on compassion war will end within 3 generations.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    None of the Womble is really technical but the more demanding section would be north of the river up to the OT. Now the OT can be more technical.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I've always like River Bluff campground the best for camping. Its just west of my favorite section of the womble....you can ride a spur trail from the campground.