ogarajef@luther.edu

Womble/Ouachita Trail Conditions Report Please

I have a group of people coming down this Fri-Tue to ride the Womble and Ouachita trails, however I have noticed you have gotten a fair amount of rain. Can someone from the area please tell me how the trails are looking/rideable.

Thanks in advance
    "RIDE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT"

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 1strongone1 View Post
    I have a group of people coming down this Fri-Tue to ride the Womble and Ouachita trails, however I have noticed you have gotten a fair amount of rain. Can someone from the area please tell me how the trails are looking/rideable.

Thanks in advance
    This past weekend I rode the section from Highway 298 TH up to Reed Mountain. That section is pretty dry. Only thing you have to worry about on that part of the trail are a few creek crossings. Highway 298 section is one of the lowest parts of the Womble, and even that part was 90 percent dry even after 2 inches of rain just a few days before. Overall, the trail is a blast and a really scenic ride. Hope you enjoy the trails!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I am coming down in 1 Week on Monday, Can someone keep me posted on weather...says it is supposed to rain...Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I too am headed to the Womble this Saturday! I'm also curious about the trail conditions. Everything I've read says that the trail drains really well. I'm hoping for some nice weather while I'm there, not so worried about the weather leading up to the ride.

mtbr member
    Resurrecting this thread to see if there are any recent updates on Womble Conditions available. A fiend and I are considering making the trip down to Arkansas to ride the Womble and Syllamo next week, but want to make sure that conditions are good before we make the trip down from KY. If not, we have other alternatives, but this is our preferred destination.
    All other things being equal, the simplest solution is the best...William of Ockham

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Womble is good to go and lots of work has been put in at the Syllamo. Have fun.