mtbr member

Womble Buddy? 3/11/12

My roommate and I will be heading down to Arkansas for our spring break this year from March 10-17th. I have assembled an itinerary that includes riding both AR epics, paddling the Buffalo, exploring some caves, and climbing a couple spots. One of the days I would like to ride the full length of the Womble. Is there anyone here who is local to this trail and would like to ride with us? That would enable us to have a second vehicle for shuttle to see us all the way through the trail. Anyone here have experience day-tripping this trail? Looks....epic

Thanks for any thoughts or ideas!

mtbr member
    I don't know which caves you had in mind but my understanding is that caves on State and Federal lands are closed due to White Nose Syndrome concerns.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll be sure to check with our local contacts at the places we're staying on that. Does anyone else have more info on the womble or syllamo? I've been looking at listed camping near each, but there's no testimony like that of those who enjoy the trials themselves. I saw in the mtbr reviews about good places to grab a shuttle, but we would still prefer to enjoy this trip with someone else and use our own vehicles.

mtbr member
    I'm also interested in more info of trails near Horseshoe Canyon Ranch, as well as whatever else is out by Mountain View that we should check out! As is we're keeping a relaxed schedule where we would like to climb/ride every day ideally, with a paddling rest on our second day after starting with Womble. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    As far as the Womble goes, you could stay at the Fishing Village and hire them shuttle you to North Fork Lake. That'd allow you cover all of the trail with a small backtrack to the Village with no worries.

If you want a paddle break, have them shuttle you guys up the Quachita River a bit and you could paddle back to the lake.

On the third day, you ride over and bike the LOVit trail.

It's all right there, Dude, just remember, it's BYOB. You could drive over to Hot Springs to party, or maybe do a loop at Cedar Glades Park before heading up to the Syllamo.

I know all this, and I'm from Kansas?

CC
    Last edited by Crudcake; 02-15-2012 at 06:20 PM.

mtbr member
    I'm pretty dead set on paddling the Buffalo before a few days climbing at Horseshoe Canyon, but that's a solid idea on the shuttle at the Fishing Village. I'm thinking to gather different local brews along the drive down, so we'll be well supplied

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I can probably help you on the Womble info. PM me and we'll chat.