Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nice pics! Looks like some smooth trails. Are there any steep climbs out there? I'm going to google this park now!

Wow! 4 hours from here! Think I'll keep admiring the pics for a while!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_K View Post
    Nice pics! Looks like some smooth trails. Are there any steep climbs out there? I'm going to google this park now!

Wow! 4 hours from here! Think I'll keep admiring the pics for a while!!!
    steep climbs yes.... gnarly fast decents... also yes. was a blast... Beautiful park to camp too. Its HUGE.

mtbr member

Rode Devils Den today...

Love this place! so much fun and easy to look at.... Like my girlfriend.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where are all my Arkansans at !?-devils-den1.jpg  

Where are all my Arkansans at !?-devils-den2.jpg  

Where are all my Arkansans at !?-devils-den3.jpg  

Where are all my Arkansans at !?-devils-den4.jpg  

Where are all my Arkansans at !?-devils-den5.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    "Whats up Little Rock, whats up!!"
    New to the forum. Been riding a while, loving all the natural state has to offer!
    Chadalex - where is Hobbs? Looks nice...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ARdancingbear View Post
    "Whats up Little Rock, whats up!!"
    New to the forum. Been riding a while, loving all the natural state has to offer!
    Chadalex - where is Hobbs? Looks nice...
    Rogers... Its a huge park.. Lots of good trail. Check it out!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Rode it today. That's the best workout in our area. Love it!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by buzbom99 View Post
    Rode it today. That's the best workout in our area. Love it!
    Which one?

mtbr member
    Do any of y'all here volunteer at Recycle Bikes for Kids? I've been working with Ron King for several months now and love it. I'm sure the bike polo crowd has been there a few times. If any of you have'nt, come check us out and give us a hand.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Hey Drummerboy - I've been meaning to come out to help Ron King but just haven't done so yet. My kids have soccer games Sat AM so it's been difficult to get around those. One of these days! Are you one of the bike polo people? If so, I'm sure I've seen you out there.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by chadalex78 View Post
    Which one?
    6 mile loop with tons of switch-backs going counter-clockwise is the best imho. I rode the two smaller loops Sunday. The one on the left comming from the parking lot clockwise and the one on the right counter-clockwise. Only 8 miles I think but solid. I love the flow of the hobbs trails and the LONG climbs.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by buzbom99 View Post
    6 mile loop with tons of switch-backs going counter-clockwise is the best imho. I rode the two smaller loops Sunday. The one on the left comming from the parking lot clockwise and the one on the right counter-clockwise. Only 8 miles I think but solid. I love the flow of the hobbs trails and the LONG climbs.
    Hobbs is badass! I rode all but one in one day.... They are all good IMO! Planning to head back soon.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by adinar View Post
    Hey Drummerboy - I've been meaning to come out to help Ron King but just haven't done so yet. My kids have soccer games Sat AM so it's been difficult to get around those. One of these days! Are you one of the bike polo people? If so, I'm sure I've seen you out there.
    No, sorry, not a polo guy but would love to watch and maybe even participate one day.

As for Ron, he has works days on Tuesdays until 7pm as well.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy1975 View Post
    No, sorry, not a polo guy but would love to watch and maybe even participate one day.

As for Ron, he has works days on Tuesdays until 7pm as well.
    Unfortunately, soccer practices are Tuesdays. I will make it out on a Sat morning soon!

Bike polo meets Tues evenings & Sunday afternoons, weather permitting. You should come out! We'd love to have you and have you try it out! I've only been playing for about 6 months or so and it turned out to be more fun than I expected. If you need a bike, someone will be more than willing to let you use theirs.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chadalex78 View Post
    Love this place! so much fun and easy to look at.... Like my girlfriend.
    So your selling your Kona?

mtbr member
    Im entertaining the idea...

mtbr member
    U saw it on Craigslist?

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Pea ridge

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Richmond, VA. What? I grew up in LR and went to school at UofA Fayetteville. Wasn't riding mountain bikes back then darn it. Still come back to visit. Hit up Camp Robinson a couple of years ago. Planning ot hit Pinnacle this summer and who knows what else -- time permitting. As they years go by, I hope to branch out and nab some trails further out. Hello Womble.
    Am I all zipped up?

Escaping the Dreary Confines

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Fort Smith here. In the last month i've been to Springhill, Ben Geren, Devil's Den, Hobbs. Plan on going to Lee Creek soon.
    Thinking about doing the XC races at Eureka Springs and LR this month.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    SpringHill??? Not familiar with it. I was curious about who all is going to Fatty fest, I was going to make a thread for it put you have to have 5 posts to do so... From what I hear it's going to be HUGE though, ridiculous amounts of people. I was just up there the other day and it was packed with people pre riding already.

How is Devils Den by the way? I've never made my way down there in 5 years of riding, it's ridiculous.

I'm in Bella Vista by the way. Spend every other day either at Slaughter Pen or Blowing Springs. VERY rarely I go out to Hobbs, VERY rarely.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyapple92 View Post
    SpringHill??? Not familiar with it. I was curious about who all is going to Fatty fest, I was going to make a thread for it put you have to have 5 posts to do so... From what I hear it's going to be HUGE though, ridiculous amounts of people. I was just up there the other day and it was packed with people pre riding already.

How is Devils Den by the way? I've never made my way down there in 5 years of riding, it's ridiculous.

I'm in Bella Vista by the way. Spend every other day either at Slaughter Pen or Blowing Springs. VERY rarely I go out to Hobbs, VERY rarely.
    Springhill is in Barling, just east of Ft. Smith.... Devils Den is awesome... Good ride and cant beat the scenery. Why dont you go to Hobbs? Its like Blowing Springs only longer... Well, no jumps or cliffs or drops really, but fast and fun. Love Blowing and Slaughter though, wish our City would hire PTD to fix up our trail systems... Doubt they would though.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Oh, okay. I'll have to head over to DD soon, haven't been there since a field trip I went on in 7th grade.

Hobbs... It left a bad first impression and I just haven't been there enough to get rid of that. It was a lot of work as I recall, no flow whatsoever, lots of horses and what comes out the end of them. I'm sure it is a great ride but trails are like girls to me, if my first impression is filled with tons of hard work, no fun flowy bits, big brow butts and the smell of feces...

Well you're not getting a second date...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyapple92 View Post
    Oh, okay. I'll have to head over to DD soon, haven't been there since a field trip I went on in 7th grade.

Hobbs... It left a bad first impression and I just haven't been there enough to get rid of that. It was a lot of work as I recall, no flow whatsoever, lots of horses and what comes out the end of them. I'm sure it is a great ride but trails are like girls to me, if my first impression is filled with tons of hard work, no fun flowy bits, big brow butts and the smell of feces...

Well you're not getting a second date...
    I went just as it got warm enough in spring.. Not a horse or another bike on the trail... Its very flowy actually... There is like two hard climbs, but alot of flow as well. Go back and check it out, like on a weekday or something....

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I usually ride when no one else is around, so no worries there. I guess I'll add it to the list of places I need to ride. I still haven't checked out Syllamo or Womble yet either. I'm a disgrace to all Arkansas mountain bikers.

But Hobbs is close enough by that I don't really need to set aside a whole day or anything, I'll head out there within the week.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Just booked my hotel for fatty fest. Anyone know if there will be shuttles provided after the XC race or we should provide our own?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast