mtbr member

Village Creek easy ride.

Spent the weekend down at the Village Creek Ar state park and really couldn't ask for better weather for riding. The only trails I was able to hit were the ones rated easy, mainly due to the fact that it was my 10 year olds first time out. I picked him up a 2011 15" Myka, swapped the stem out to give him a more aggressive riding position for the trip and he loved. I 'd really like to go back soon and try some of the harder rated trails before the leaves. If anyone is looking for some good scenery with nice fun easy trails head over there soon. And if you end up on one of the horse trails, horses tend to be afraid of bikes so you might want to get off the bike and let them pass if you meet up with any.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dusty Trails; 10-19-2011 at 05:45 PM.

mtbr member
    I want to add a bit more since I wasn't trying to bang this out on a mobile phone.

The easy trails that we rode was very smooth flowing and wide. Like a good, smooth gravel road covered in leaves. We went to the bottom, close to the visitors center were the bike entrance starts and rode up to the equine campgrounds. Most of it was a steady up hill climb with a few fun downhill drops. The second day we tried to find a different parts of the trail and get into some of the intermediate parts but managed to work our way over to the pipeline which is rated as difficult. We never did find the section we were looking for and ended up, somehow, circling back around to where we started. So we rode to the top of the hill and turned around and rode a fast ride back down. Which my 10 year old thought was a blast.

Anyone else ever rode the Village Creek trails, specifically any of the trails rated intermediate or difficult, if so, what did you think?

mtbr member
    I've ridden it a few times. The more difficult sections are more due to steepness of the climb than technical issues. Also, the horse parts of the trail can be a bit sandy/muddy at stream crossings. Other than that it's a lot of fun. I even competed in an adventure race there a few years ago. Story on the Adventure Race at Village Creek.
    Visit us here: ArkansasOutside.com

Dirty South Underdog
    Hey- I was the muddy girl at that adventure race! brickhouseracing Village Creek Sprint Adventure Race
    Brickhouse Blog (most known unknown)

Just Riding Along- best internet radio show on Mountain Bike Radio

mtbr member
    Yes you were...Have you done many more adventure races? I don't remember seeing you at the Ouachita 12 hour.
    Visit us here: ArkansasOutside.com

Dirty South Underdog
    I did one with a team in Little Rock not long after that, but those were the only two.
    Brickhouse Blog (most known unknown)

Just Riding Along- best internet radio show on Mountain Bike Radio