mtbr member

Updated Map! Jackfork Trail

You can now download an updated map of the Jackfork Mountain Bike Trail at Pinnacle Mountain State Park.

Also, the park has refilled the ice cream freezer at the Visitor Center plus they have one of the coldest water fountains in the state. all about 100 yards from the Jackfork trail head.
    Visit us here: ArkansasOutside.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Excellent. I'm downloading to my phone as we speak.

I'll be visiting LR in the near future & am looking forward to checking out this trail. With the spring shower season upon us I started wondering how well the trails hold up to rain. From the descriptions it sounds like it would drain well. Is there an online trail status or signs at the trailhead, or is it left up to good judgement from us riders?

I have the same questions about Burns Park.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    The Jackfork drains really well with one small exception, about 3 or 4 days after a rain we get some springs popping up. (we have one on the new section but it's only about 10 feet long, the plan is to build a boardwalk over it) the rest is fine. For updates on trail conditions you can ask at the visitor center which is across the parking lot from the trailhead.

As for Burns, it is also pretty dry except for some low areas in the western part of the park. The short course area near the bmx track gets pretty soggy also. Still lots of good riding to be had.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fleetwood
    Excellent. I'm downloading to my phone as we speak.

I'll be visiting LR in the near future & am looking forward to checking out this trail. With the spring shower season upon us I started wondering how well the trails hold up to rain. From the descriptions it sounds like it would drain well. Is there an online trail status or signs at the trailhead, or is it left up to good judgement from us riders?

I have the same questions about Burns Park.

Thanks!
    boyle park is pretty good too.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Very cool. Thanks for the info. Looking forward to checking out your handy work and plan to take my son out on the beginner trail.

Does Burns have beginner trails? I'd like to take my son out there too.

mtbr member
    If it's dry the short track (near the bmx trail) and the low area near the covered bridge are good beginner rides. Also, check out Pfeifer Loop near Cook's Landing (the base of the Big Dam Bridge on the North Little Rock side. Most of those places need dry conditions to ride, The Rabbit Ridge Trail at Pinnacle Mountain stays pretty dry.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    It took me over a year, but I finally visited Jackfork this week. You can read my short write up and view some pics here. Thanks to all the hands that were involved to make a really fun and challenging trail.
    Am I all zipped up?

Escaping the Dreary Confines

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Fleet, glad you enjoyed yourself. We removed the sign, because we changed that part of the trail. How far in did you choose CW, after 1/4 mile or 1 mile? If you turned left at the bottom of the hill, after 1 mile, & returned on that same trail, you would have missed the bail trail. We created it because of the challenging 1 mile return trip up the hill, & trying to alleviate all the traffic we were getting from people jumping off the trail & returning to the top of the hill (parking area) via the road. I guess you didn't ride the Rabbit Ridge either? It's only .7m or so, beginner trail, but fun. Anyway, thanks for the great write up & glad you had a good time.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2bike View Post
    Fleet, glad you enjoyed yourself. We removed the sign, because we changed that part of the trail. How far in did you choose CW, after 1/4 mile or 1 mile? If you turned left at the bottom of the hill, after 1 mile, & returned on that same trail, you would have missed the bail trail. We created it because of the challenging 1 mile return trip up the hill, & trying to alleviate all the traffic we were getting from people jumping off the trail & returning to the top of the hill (parking area) via the road. I guess you didn't ride the Rabbit Ridge either? It's only .7m or so, beginner trail, but fun. Anyway, thanks for the great write up & glad you had a good time.
    I found the picture online afterwards and found that it actually read, "Hard" and "Harder". Very good! I think I missed the bail trail, but I remember standing at an intersection on the way out and was a bit puzzled for a moment. The trail leading to the left (on the way out) went down hill and I saw a couple of bridges. I was sure I hadn't gone that way before. I ended up going right and climbing out the way I came in. Man, what a way to finish.

I did follow a "bail trail" that came out on the road across from Rabbit Ridge, but I did not ride it. I'd like to get my son out on that one next time. He won't be coming on Jackfork for a few years though.

I appreciate the comments. It's a fun and challenging trail. Thanks for your involvement with them.
    Am I all zipped up?

Escaping the Dreary Confines