mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Syllamos Revenge Course Profile 125k

Heloo, looking for the elevation profile for the 125k Race. I realize it's new this year, just trying to pick single speed gearing and looking for total elevation and also length of climbs, etc. Not sure if anyone has ridden the course. Thanks

wow
    mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    No elevation profile but I live nearby and ride there often. My gearing for the 125k will be 32 x 20 and there will still be plenty of hike a bike for me.

mtbr member
    Here's my Garmin Connect from last years 50 mile race, the 125 does the yellow and red trail a 2nd time. I think it would be 6000'-6500' of climbing.
    32/20 is what most folks use, some go for an 18
    Should be a fun one
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/32031302

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Thanks, that's what I was loking for. Maybe I will split the difference at 19, I usually ride an 18 here in GA and when I head to the mtns it's a 19.....looks rolling or is that deceptive....with 1 long climb in the middle.....
    does the 125 do that big climb twice then??? Sorry for all the questions...never been here...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbboy2000
    Thanks, that's what I was loking for. Maybe I will split the difference at 19, I usually ride an 18 here in GA and when I head to the mtns it's a 19.....looks rolling or is that deceptive....with 1 long climb in the middle.....
    does the 125 do that big climb twice then??? Sorry for all the questions...never been here...
    Thereís a lot of technical rock riding on some of the hills, and they tend to be short and steep. Most of the big elevation change you are seeing around mile 25 is on the Blue Trail. The Red and Yellow trails are the two trails that are repeated at the end of the race. We ride part of the yellow at the start of the race, then pick it back up around mile 30, on the second lap we ride the whole yellow. Most of the yellow is rolling with a lot of smaller rocky climbs. The Red trail (the last trail) feels like itís all downhill for 12 miles, no big rocks just a lot of small loose rocks
    I made a flying trip over there yesterday and rode the fifty mile loop, it felt like I was doubling my average speed on the red trail, itís a more of a momentum trail. That second loop will be tough with tired legs though

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Thanks for the info..really appreciate it....I'm rolling over from GA and have 2 friends coming from PA as well. so the info is great....looking forward to it!