mtbr member extraordinair

Syllamo conditions

How are the Syllamo trails looking right now? Big group of us heading that way this weekend! Hoping for some great trails and great weather!
    Grit, spit, and a whole lot of duct tape!

Dirty South Underdog
    It's probably good other than the places where the hogs have rooted around on the trail, though I bet it's already getting a bit overgrown. Don't forget the tick repellent!
    Brickhouse Blog (most known unknown)

Just Riding Along- best internet radio show on Mountain Bike Radio

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I rode the yellow trail Tuesday. The was some hog damage along with a few spots that had debris washed on the trail from all the recent rain. There were a couple of spots with trees down. One small spot had some logging damage. There were a few spots where the weeds are starting to crowd the trail, not where they did a prescribed burn j/k. The worst condition spot was the section from the campground up to the main loop. The rest of the trail was in pretty good shape. The warm weather has the thorn bushes growing fast but you should have lots of fun this weekend.

mtbr member extraordinair
    And lots of fun we had!!

So you guys were serious about this hog damage?!? I never noticed anything, but I wouldn't even know what hog damage looks like

We noticed a few trees down on the yellow loop, lots of thorns and some overgrowth crowding the trail on yellow & blue & orange. Red was like rolling on ball bearings the whole way! And the north side of the blue trail had me worried when we started on it, but it turned into the sweetest gem Ive ridden since Moab a couple years ago. What a treat!! Spectacular views on the green trail. All of us had an awesome time, but one of went home injured

Its to bad there isn't a local advocacy club down there to keep maintenance up. But then again its a dry county so that's understandable We had a great time! Cant wait to go back again!
    Grit, spit, and a whole lot of duct tape!