Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    What could go wrong ...

Spillway - Norco,La

I've been getting in a lot of laps at the Spillway Trail and just wanted to let everyone know what a great ride this is. The single track is buffed in and the new cut section is a really nice addition. I've ridden this trail several times on both my geary and my ss and other than a bypass for a new pipeline thats going in its all flowing single track. There is a 4' teeter totter and a few log overs with ladders to keep it interesting. Just keep an eye out for the gators.

Launching the SS at the Spillway
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Zoke2; 01-03-2009 at 10:32 AM.
    I used to ride to Win ... Now I ride to Grin

While my guitar gently weeps, my bike sits there mocking me

mtbr member
    good to see you are able to log some miles.... I've done a couple of the GCBC road rides... an 8spd 29er with street slicks does not make a road bike... lol.

What could go wrong ...
    yeah man next time you are in town we will have to get in a few laps out there ... but it rained here the last 2 days so the trail is not ridable for a few days

mtbr member
    I need to get out and ride "not bethel" sometime.... lol. I'll be passing through N.O. on the 18th, but I'm pretty sure the Mrs's wouldn't be happy if I brought the bike along on the honeymoon.

What could go wrong ...
    Congrats on the wedding and all ... the trails will be there when yall get back

What could go wrong ...

Video of the Trail

MTB NOLA
    great job on the video. the trail looks a lot flatter than it really is though. i was hoping to see you cross the teeter. lol

What could go wrong ...
    thats not mine ... heres the original ... http://gallery.me.com/briguerrero#100219 ... I just cut it down to 10 mins because 30 mins was a little much to watch ... my edit is from the turnaround back to the trailhead and I thought I left the teeter in there but I guess it got cut

vudu are you on nomambo ?

MTB NOLA
    hey zoke, yes, on the nomambo forums often using the same name vudu. may see you out there sooner or later.

What could go wrong ...
    I took the geary out to the Spillway to get in a few laps and they have cut even more new trail. Now the trail is about 5.5 miles of singletrack. It just keeps getting better out there.

smell the saddle...
    Hey John - when we going to hook up for a ride? Got to show off my new Superlight! Yep, eating my words against the no suspension & one-f'ing-speed routine. It's all good though.

Good photos and thanks for giving props to the trail. I've been out there every weekend and some here lately. Off to Brookhaven this Saturday though.

Hopefully we'll catch up with you at the next meeting (if not before). Bug Eric to get off his lazy ass and schedule one.

-stu

What could go wrong ...
    hey stu ... rat told me about Brookhaven and I need to make a trip up there soon ... I'm trying to get time to get in a few laps at the Spillway on Saturday and some of us are going over to Bethel on Sunday for the race

so did you get the Superlight new or used or what

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Our Pal Dan Dickerson

Just To Let Everyone Know. Dan Dickerson Was Involved I A Skiing Accident Last Week. He Had To Have Emergency Surgery. It Is Not Looking Good For Him. As Of Right Now The Doctors Said He Is Going To Be Paralyzed From The Chest Down. I Am Working On A Fund Raiser For His Family. It Will Be Held At The Spillway (the Date Is Not Determined Yet). I Am Having A Meeting At The Spillway This Sunday At 11:00am To Talk About What We Are Going To Do. Bring Your Bike. We Will Ride After The Meeting. If You Have Any Questions Feel Free To Give Me A Call 504-319-7348. It Is Going To Cost His Family Alot Of Money Even With The Insurance. Anything We Could Do To Help Will Help Out Greatly.

Thank You,
    Eric
    Aka. Ratboy

What could go wrong ...
    Rat and Stu we need to get some "no horses" signs out there soon ... not only are they tearing the trail all to pieces but now they are removing log overs and basically sanitizing the trail ... except for the mounds of horse crap that are now all over the trail. there was a good turn out of riders today out there but they dont seem to know where the trail head is or which direction to ride the trail ... the street signs are cool but we really need to get lots of no horses and direction arrows and do not enter signs up. this is not meant as a rant as much as a heads up for you guys.

What could go wrong ...
    hit the Spillway trail today and the rain we got has really helped the trail out ... it was getting really dry and sandy but it was all good today

if anyone can make it out there tomorrow they are having a meeting to cover the Master Plan for users from 1pm-4pm

it was good to see some of the BRAMBA peeps out there riding the trail

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Where is this trail? I'm in the Hattiesburg area and need to make a trip to try out the La trails soon.

What could go wrong ...
    Quote Originally Posted by krue
    Where is this trail? I'm in the Hattiesburg area and need to make a trip to try out the La trails soon.
    Take I-59 S/US-98 E via the ramp to New Orleans
    Continue to follow I-59 S
    Entering Louisiana

Continue on I-10 W
    Take exit 238B to merge onto I-610 W toward Baton Rouge

Merge onto I-10 W

Take exit 220 to merge onto I-310 S toward Houma/Boutte

Take exit 2 to merge onto Airline Hwy/US-61 toward Norco

Turn Right into the Spillway off of Airline Hwy

Trailhead is on your left

133 mi – about 2 hours 16 mins

and you can get some more info at http://www.nomambo.net
    Last edited by Zoke2; 05-16-2009 at 01:20 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    thanks

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I was thinking of going ridding this weekend. Does anyone know if the trails are still flooded out there?

mtbr member
    Official NOMAMBO Spillway Trail Conditions thread

Quote Originally Posted by seesilva
    I was thinking of going ridding this weekend. Does anyone know if the trails are still flooded out there?

What could go wrong ...
    I havent been out there in a week but my guess is its not ridable due to high water ... we have had a few nice dry days but the canal is high and the river is still high so

I know the SS race that was going to be this Sunday has been postponed because of wet trail conditions if that tells you anything

What could go wrong ...

Ever seen this on a Trail?

From NOMAMBO.net

Re: Spillway Conditions - ALL UPDATES HERE!
    by vudu Sun May 31, 2009 9:01 pm

yesterday, stu and i went to check on the trail. the water has receeded some from last saturday. still has water in the cleared pipeline that is clearly visible from the levee. we entered the trail at Dan's trail. the lower part of that section that heads to the levee was under water, as we headed towards rat tail we heard a large splash. thought it could have been a gator. we cut through to seinfeld and rode to the back. there is 1 tree down right after the up and over and water is still in parts of s. canada. we turned around after we reached 5 minutes alone and rode back up to the bridge and teeter. the bridge is under about 6" of water to give you a picture of how high the water is. if the water continues to go down it may be about 2 weeks till it starts to dry out. by the way, the splash i mentioned, someone was out there a few days ago and captured this pic.

What could go wrong ...
    I got in a couple of laps at the Spillway today and I am glad to say the trail shows no negative impact from being under water ... I didnt see any gators this time but there were a lot of snakes roaming around. All the trees have been cleared from the trail and it is nice and dry --- it should be because its been over 100 degress for days now.

Videogirl32 has posted a lot of pics from the Dan Dickerson Benefit held on 6/20/09 ... they are in the "a friend in need of help" thread

What could go wrong ...
    they had a lot of people out riding the trail today even in this heat and I see they have a few new things on the trail that I hadnt seen before ... I guess thats why they call that section the Ghost Trail

mtbr member
    May 2007

Slaughter Pen Trail Map- Bentonville, AR New Phase

20 trails 15miles of urban singletrack. see attached trail map
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast