Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoke2
    ...but I lose track of whether you are in the club or out of the club at any given moment, can you post your in/out schedule so I know what your status is at any given time.
    I only disclose such information with actual NOMAMBO members. Let me know when you pay your dues.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Guys let it go

What could go wrong ...
    Quote Originally Posted by dixie whiskey
    I only disclose such information with actual NOMAMBO members. Let me know when you pay your dues.
    come on stu you should know that I would never join any club that would have someone like me as a member
    I used to ride to Win ... Now I ride to Grin

While my guitar gently weeps, my bike sits there mocking me

Life is Go0d!
    I only disclose such information with actual NOMAMBO members. Let me know when you are headed to Arkansas.
    Sneaky... I know.
    The only regrets in life, are the risks you didn't take.

mtbr member
    Yo mo0se, they claim I am as sneaky as they come, all in good fun.

My trip to Arkansas will not be in the time frame (presently) as I invisioned since we just got back from Philly and there is not much time before school kicks off again. I am hoping to make a weekend trip up to Clark Creek, MS & The Beast trail in St. Fran in 2 weeks, that's the most I can fit in for now. I assume the winter there has been interesting anyhow...?

There may be a chance in Spring or it will have to wait until Summer time. It's a long haul to get up there and I need a good 4 days by my estimates. Much easier if I had a buddy to tag along with me as well. In the meantime, keep in touch and I promise we'll hook up eventually.

All the best & Happy New Year,

Stu

Life is Go0d!
    The new skinnies...or elevated platforms are up at slaughter pen hollow. fun stuff for sure!! Happy New Year to you too!

mtbr member
    Man, that is some sweet!!! Let's see some action shots on that...!

Life is Go0d!
    She had a blast on them.. Good times

What could go wrong ...
    way OT for this thread, but I will say that looks better than anything they have at the spillway but I never understood why anyone would spend the time and money to build skinnies where they are not needed and there is perfectly good trail to ride

Life is Go0d!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoke2
    way OT for this thread, but I will say that looks better than anything they have at the spillway but I never understood why anyone would spend the time and money to build skinnies where they are not needed and there is perfectly good trail to ride
    More options?

MTB NOLA
    "but I will say that looks better than anything they have at the spillway" quoted ZOKE

Hey Zoke, thanks! I believe it is you that has asked, why should you pay membership dues when you can ride a trail for free... well you have gotten your money's worth out of it...

What we do have at our trail, came from the hard work and hours of time and let's not forget the funding of these projects... all from Members stepping up and donating

2011 is here and at next weeks club meeting we will discuss trail improvements and structures that can be added to increase the fun and use of our trail..

Hope to see you there!!

What could go wrong ...
    vudu I will be at the meeting and yes we need to discuss the "improvements" because as it is right now you have too many people just making changes at will to the trail with no discussion or planning

"all from Members stepping up and donating" ... thats exactly how I pay my dues

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mo0se
    She had a blast on them.. Good times
    Very nice! Did you help build them? I know a perfect place at the Spillway these can be used. And you are right, "more options" is what it's all about, that's pretty much been the model at the Spillway since we are primarily flat. In many ways I wish we still had the teeter-totter it was certainly our lil niche of the south. Regardless, we have a few new fresh ideas in the queue to work on this winter.

Life is Go0d!
    Very nice! Did you help build them? I know a perfect place at the Spillway these can be used. And you are right, "more options" is what it's all about, that's pretty much been the model at the Spillway since we are primarily flat. In many ways I wish we still had the teeter-totter it was certainly our lil niche of the south. Regardless, we have a few new fresh ideas in the queue to work on this winter.
    I helped dismantle the old ones.. and a contractor (Progressive trail design) rebuilt them.
    Awesome work.. treated hardwood.. should last a long time. The pics are from my mobile so they suck! But there are several of those on the trails at Slaughter Pen, and one nice one that has a nice drop off the end. Good stuff for sure!

Life is Go0d!
    Awesome weather in arkansas this week!

What could go wrong ...
    yeah I agree with the options thing ... the xc guys (Ratboy and some others) have cut a new section of trail but the really big news out there is the 12' gap jump the dj guy is building ... its amazing what one guy with a shovel can do ... and there is a lot of building material stacked up at the qtip ... maybe they will build some big log overs to go with the rock garden thats going in by the the old teeter totter ... just throwing some options out there
    Attached Images Attached Images        

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Just started MTB'ing recently, trails look nice. Spending some time at Comite regularly...I ll have to catch up with you guys/gals!

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by HigHlyaGGraVaTeD
    Just started MTB'ing recently, trails look nice. Spending some time at Comite regularly...I ll have to catch up with you guys/gals!
    Welcome ! Come out and ride with us. Our website is nomambo.net. You can link to our forum through the website and post on the rides section when you plan on coming out. Someone will probably be able to ride with you and show you around your first visit.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Thanks codwater....I ll check out the website. Looks like tomorrow midday I ll be in Baton Rouge at Comite and maybe check out the beast afterwards!

MTB NOLA

New Berm in S. CANADA

Check out the new berm that is being built.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Spillway - Norco,La-berm2.jpg  

Spillway - Norco,La-berm3.jpg  

Spillway - Norco,La-berm4.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Great Job!

Life is Go0d!

Update for Arkansas

There are some more "options" that have been constructed lately, with 10 more like it..yes that's me riding in the video. I thought It might give y'all some ideas.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Trek Dirt Demo

They're Back
    Trek Is Coming With The Demo Truck Again.
    They Will Be Here Sunday April 10th From 10-3
    See You There

What could go wrong ...

Lights, Camera ... Action

Looks like the Spillway trail is going to be in a movie ...

pics by Ratboy

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I hope they not around this weekend....I am gonna try and get out there soon!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast