padded

Slacker ride at Syllamo on Mon, 4/25

I'm visiting family in Mountain Home again and looking to ride Syllamo, probably Saturtady (tomorrow) and Monday. Time is flexible, and the weather looks like shite but I'll be more likely to HTFU and ride if I'm riding with someone. PM me if you want to connect.

Ride will probably be: park at the lot on 5, ride 5 S to Green Mtn Rd and then climb it to the lot at the top, descend Yellow, climb Green Mtn Rd again, descend Blue all the way to the road, cross 5 and take the other (Gray?) trail back to the lot on 5. Should be at least 3 hrs.
    "You are by far the most interesting single-serving friend I have ever met."

padded
    Trails were in surprisingly good shape yesterday, the trails drain well and the ride only took me 2:15. The stair steps and the rest of the Blue descent were fun, slippery but I managed to clean the whole thing so was happy
    I'm still planning to ride tomorrow, so PM me if you want to join me.

padded
    Holy cow, there's a lot of water out there! Did a repeat of Saturday's loop and there were actual waterfalls flowing across the trail in some spots, and the stair steps on the Blue descent were unrideable due to all the sticks and leaves that had washed down them. Excellent ride overall, except for the part where I had to stash my bike in order to make it across West Livingstone Creek, which was flowing chest high (it had been shin deep 2 days ago) and I was focused on getting the hell back to my car as another big storm was hitting. Now I'm planning a rescue and trying to figure out how I'll get it done before I leave on Wednesday. Epic!

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    sent you a PM.

mtbr member
    Are any trees getting knocked down? The race is coming up pretty soon.

padded
    No trees down when I rode, but that was before yesterday's storm, and I only hit about 1/3 of the trails. Managed to retrieve my bike today, had to cross at the concrete bridge by Old 5 and then bushwhack my way up the western bank. I had stashed the bike 40 ft from the creek and it looked like the water still made it almost up to the bottom bracket. Wow

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FlynG
    Are any trees getting knocked down? The race is coming up pretty soon.
    I rode the race loop a week ago and there were about 8 trees down then, I'm sure there are a few more now

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by santacruzer
    I rode the race loop a week ago and there were about 8 trees down then, I'm sure there are a few more now
    Do you remember which color had the most down?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FlynG
    Do you remember which color had the most down?
    I think the Yellow Trail had the most down, Steve Parker said he knew about them and was going to wait till closer to the race date to get everything in one shot.

That's sounds like a wild ride on the Blue, I'm from outside of Memphis and everything is flooded here