Thread: schwag ride

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Is it a ride on the trails in Burns or is it a ride from Burn's to Vino's? If it's on the trails, I might show up.

mtbr member
    i am assuming that its a ride on the trails at Burns then grub at Vinos. i read a longer description somewhere just cant remember..

mtbr member
    81 people showed up. some of the free schwag was pretty nice, handing out 2011 camelbak mules... exte ond kits, maxxis tires..

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Yeah, I got a t-shirt.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tjeepdrv
    Yeah, I got a t-shirt.
    lol. yeah it wasnt too even. sucks to get a tee when the person next to you scores a mule. still a good time. impressed with the turnout and the speed of the ride.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    The speed was crazy. I was in a group of 3 and one of our guys had to stop and throw up a couple of times. There's a lot of nice bikes in LR that I normally don't see on the trails.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tjeepdrv
    The speed was crazy. I was in a group of 3 and one of our guys had to stop and throw up a couple of times. There's a lot of nice bikes in LR that I normally don't see on the trails.
    yeah, the actual slow people in the "slow group" quit the ride in the 1st mile - everyone else dropped the hammer. impressive number of strong riders.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    We made it about halfway before my friend said he was done, so we took the roads back to the parking lot. We rode that same trail 2 weekends ago and finished the whole thing, but we didn't run it at that pace, lol.