mtbr member
    Apr 2006

recommendable singletrack in the Ouachita/Little Rock/Ozark area?

Hi, I will be doing some family camping in the Hot Springs/Little Rock/Ouachita areas this summer, and am bringing my bike and gear to go ride a recommendable trailhead while I'm in the area.....Any suggestions?

I hear all kinds of good things about the Ozark-area but have never had the opportunity to ride there

mtbr member

Womble!

Womble! It's a tight, sometimes kind of techy out-and-back. You can string together an out-and-back of any distance up to 60+ miles if I remember correctly.

I'm not from Arkansas, but I was visiting for a few days and wanted to do the same thing, find a fun day ride. We did the north section, up to Round Top. It was raining pretty hard, so we cut it short, but it was great fun.

If you're going to be anywhere near Conway, go see Erik at The Ride bike shop. He can give you the insider's skinny on where to park, what sections to ride, etc. Tell him Steven Newton sent you.

mtbr member
    Uh, yeah the Womble, it's an IMBA epic trail! I was riding there last weekend and had a great time.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Thanks for the info, I can't wait!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Alright, would either of you happen to have insider info on good camping specifically around lake Ouachita? the websites are pretty crude, and no one seems to get off the phone long enough to get a call into the Lake Ouachita campground office.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Trails / campgounds

Quote Originally Posted by onespeedpaul View Post
    Alright, would either of you happen to have insider info on good camping specifically around lake Ouachita? the websites are pretty crude, and no one seems to get off the phone long enough to get a call into the Lake Ouachita campground office.
    The Lake Quachita Vista Trail is an excellent ride - I get on the trail at Mountain Harbor. I've used the Corps of Engineers campgrounds in the area - they too were great. Also Lake Quachita State Park is a good choice (maybe better than the Corps sites). I agree - the web sites are clunky but the experience makes up for it.

If you're in Hot Springs the Cedar Glade Trail is also very nice and usually well-maintained.

honez1414
    Jan 2011
    and mtbark.com is great place for any trail info that you will need.

honez1414
    Jan 2011
    just a tip for a first time rider at Lake Ouachita Vista. The further east you go, the newer and more technical the trail becomes. I shuttled to the far east side and rode all of the LOViT. I was a little gassed by the time I got to some of the flowy fun sections on the west side.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I've found info on booking the corps campsites, thanks all so far for the info!!! I think we may well go with trying Womble as well as try to squeeze in LOViT.

mtbr member
    the womble is great. if you are good and fit then i'd recommend riding from "lake to lake" which is from North Fork Lake to Lake Ouachita. otherwise, pick a spot and ride down to the fishing village. the womble is a great trail and the best parts are at the ends - the middle is fun but not nearly as breathtaking.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Thanks for all the great info, we ended up getting a shuttle from the fishing village out to north fork lake and riding back....25 miles of AWESOME! haha, i think me and my buddy set some sort of local record according to the shuttle guy (Ron?) super fun trails tho!!