Pedal through the Pain
    May 2008

Pigeon Creek Trails Norfork Lake

I know there are many campgrounds to choose from on the lake, however, I am not familiar with any that are close to the trails. I havent been in the Mountain Home area in about 10 years. Planning on some tent camping for the weekend. Primitive camping with wood fired steaks and ice cold Shiner bocks. Any ideas for something close?

mtbr member
    If nobody chimes in here with some info I would call the LBS and see what they have to say. I've never been there just done a quick Google search and found them.

Bikes & Things
    906 Highway 62 E
    Mountain Home, AR
    72653-3214
    501-424-4642

mtbr member

Another quick Google Search....

(Here's the link in case the video doesn't show)
    Pigeon Creek Mountain Bike Trail, Mtn Home, Arkansas - YouTube

That's so irritating, I can't ever seem to get videos to embed.

How about that, I come back and there's the video. Weird.
    Last edited by Dusty Trails; 09-27-2011 at 07:06 PM.

Pedal through the Pain
    May 2008
    Thanks Dusty, we made the trip last weekend and ended up camping at Robinson Point. We felt a little out of place as all of the other campers were in their RVs with satellite tv and outdoor lights and barbque grills. My wife and I pitched a two man tent, started a fire in the pit and cooked our steaks over the coals. Then the rain came. I really much prefer a more primitive setting off the beaten path.
    The Pigeon Creek Trail system was tons of fun and much better than I was anticipating. Trails were well marked and clear with plenty of rocks and switchbacks. Very different than the roots and gravel of Craighead Forest. My wife had a couple of falls with one ripping her shorts exposing her backside for all to see during one days ride. Lots of wildlife as we jumped several deer and saw a few turkeys.
    I assume the bike shop is closed as that number is no longer a working number. We googled their address as being on Russell St, however, it was not there. Another google search gave us a place called Bikes and Boards with the same telephone number, but we were running short on time to find it the next day. Dont know if this place exists or not.
    I love the music in that video. Again the trails are definately fun and worth making another weekend trip to ride hopefully soon.

mtbr member
    Good to hear and glad to hear your wife didn't get hurt too bad for the spills. The only trail I'm familiar with is the Craighead Trial. I was talking to Jason at Gear Head and he rated the Craighead Trail a moderate. As far as difficulty how did the Pigeon Creek Trial rate? The video makes it look like it moves faster then Craighead.

I've been wanting to go down to Pinnacle Point and try the Jack Fork and Rabbit Ridge trails down there. We've got out annual trip to Petit Jean but they don't have any bike trails, unfortunately.

Doesn't surprise me too much that the shop was closed. The town doesn't seem to be doing to well according to some friends that live there.