mtbr member
    May 2012

NWA Mountain Bikers - Video Idea

I am a noob to the mountain bike world, and have a very unique work/family schedule that only allows me limited to go ride trails. This creates a situation in which I ride alone. With all the technology we have these days have been researching the different biking outlets in NWA. Looking at different websites I ran across Fayetteville’s and how they offered several videos to their different paved trails. I did not see any for their mountain bike trails, so it got me thinking.

As a lonely beginner having a video of the different trails would give me some type of idea as to what I may be able to handle and possibly the different challenges that each trail holds. Also some tips during the videos of challenging portions would also be beneficial by an experienced rider.

So, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in getting together and making videos of the different mountain bike trails in Bentonville (maybe branch out further if things go well such as Hobbs, Blowing Springs and other in the area. There would be no $$$ involved just getting together and helping out the mountain bike community in our area and others who may be interested in getting started.

If you’re interested PM me and we can see about getting together and maybe hitting up one of the smaller trails just to get a feel for things.

mtbr member
    Here's video of a couple of the trails near Crystal Bridges: Urban Trail Ride in Bentonville, Arkansas - YouTube
    Visit us here: ArkansasOutside.com

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Thats a great vid, what did you use to shoor it with? Something like that for all the different trails in B'ville would be a great tool to utilize

mtbr member
    A simple Contour helmet cam.
    Visit us here: ArkansasOutside.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Punem View Post
    I am a noob to the mountain bike world, and have a very unique work/family schedule that only allows me limited to go ride trails. This creates a situation in which I ride alone. With all the technology we have these days have been researching the different biking outlets in NWA. Looking at different websites I ran across Fayetteville’s and how they offered several videos to their different paved trails. I did not see any for their mountain bike trails, so it got me thinking.

As a lonely beginner having a video of the different trails would give me some type of idea as to what I may be able to handle and possibly the different challenges that each trail holds. Also some tips during the videos of challenging portions would also be beneficial by an experienced rider.

So, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in getting together and making videos of the different mountain bike trails in Bentonville (maybe branch out further if things go well such as Hobbs, Blowing Springs and other in the area. There would be no $$$ involved just getting together and helping out the mountain bike community in our area and others who may be interested in getting started.

If you’re interested PM me and we can see about getting together and maybe hitting up one of the smaller trails just to get a feel for things.
    This is something I definitely plan on doing in the near future! It's something I've been meaning to do for a few years now to be honest but I've never been in a position where It made sense to do it.

But that's neither here nor there.

I've been looking for good trail of the local trails for years and they are few and far between, and what there are are usually terrible quality (to the point where you can't get even the slightest feel of what the trail is like), or the riders are of a frustratingly low skill level and watching it is mildly painful, and again because of the low speed and lack of skill you can't really get a feel of what the trail is actually like.

The above video is one of the better ones I've seen, the quality is good, and the riders aren't top tier or anything but they ride the trails respectably. But you can only take it so far, for example the current Armadillo's last stand needs to be rode aggressively and without any reservation to show what it's really like. If taken easy people will only think that those are some mild humps that you just coast over at the end, but if rode hard they'll see that they're actually respectable jumps that can get you into trouble really fast if you take them at full speed.

And of course Stage 3, The Lincoln trail, and the new DH flow trail they've built onto Phase 1 (MOST FUN I'VE HAD IN YEARS!!!) are very different animals if rode by someone not comfortable hitting their features at a high speed, still a blast, but those trails are meant to be taken fast, and when that happens people shoot several feet into the air.

And I feel you on the riding alone thing, my schedule is usually pretty hectic with weird hours and weird days off. I've been riding solo for nearly 5 years now and I still love it though!

What were you looking for? Someone to ride with you while you film? Or someone to film you?

I haven't got around to buying a Hero 2 yet which is why I haven't done this already, but hopefully I'll get around to buying one soon. Until then my: trail videos, ride videos, bike vlogging, moto vlogging, and any other random videos I'd like to make are all on hold.