mtbr member

... and if we just ... New Section of Trail....

...on the Jackfork at Pinnacle Mountain State Park. Just so you don't get confused next time you're out there (no new signage yet but an updated map is coming soon), You will find a new section of trail on your next ride there.

Starting at the trailhead, just after the first bridge when you enter a stand of pines, you'll notice a new trail going off to the left. This trail is about 1/2 mile long and follows the contour of the mountain around to the part of the big loop right where it drops down the ridge to the Hard/Harder sign. This trail is designed as an easier way to get in and out of the loop than the other, lower trail for those who don't feel like tackling that section twice (or even once). Please use this trail instead of going out to the road at the very bottom of the hill. The trail that is being created there is unauthorized by the park for safety reasons, use this new trail.

You'll also find that it is a great ride and "flows" nicely. Enjoy. Signs and maps coming.
    Visit us here: ArkansasOutside.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Hooray! Can't wait to try it out. I really appreciate the work you guys have put in on this trail.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I finally got to check it out today - two thumbs up from me! I think it stays within the spirit of the "stick" climb (off camber with rocks and roots) but with no switchbacks and few gnarly sections. It is, however a steady climb and got my heart rate up fo shiz.

I didn't ride it down the hill, but I suspect it's a lot of fun going that direction. There was one spot where the trail splits around a tree/rock, and it looked like you could launch off of the rock whilst descending. I personally haven't had a lot of success launching anywhere (broken rib to prove it) but I'm sure the fast guys will fly down this section.

A very nice addition to the trail and thanks again to the folks that put in the effort to add it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    btw - if you want to use it to climb out, it's about 100 yards down the trail from the "big rock" switchback. You climb past big rock and start a descent - it forks to the right where the first left turn switchback is. This is if you're going clockwise around the loop.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Thanks. Our hope is that people will quit cutting thru the woods at the hard/harder sign to the road; it is a blind intersection. The direction you speak of is actually CCW.
    Last edited by spirit2bike; 04-06-2011 at 09:31 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010

... and if we just ... Getting Better

Hey rode it last friday, and it's getting better, noticed that someone had mowed some of the rocks down in the trail, they don't usually bother me, high sprocket clearance. How come the trail doesn't go up to the ridge, maybe to a view point, or start trail left of ridge and run it along side of the paddle boat pond then over the ridge. I'm no trail builder so I don't know, but I thought I'd ask. Thanks again to everyone that worked on the trail and continue to work on it.
    Charlie

mtbr member
    We are leaving a possible "expert" section that will take you up to the saddleback for later. We wanted to get the new section done and then take the summer off (other than a little maintenance) so we can ride. We may start on it late next fall.
    Visit us here: ArkansasOutside.com