Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

New DH run at Slaughter Pen

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  keithrad 
#1 ·
I'll be driving down from KC this weekend and was curious if anyone has ridden the new dh line in slaughter pen. Is it open? Does anyone know where the trail starts? Any gopro footage yet? I'd appreciate any info.
Thanks,

#2 ·
Not sure if it's quite open yet, last I was up there was a few days ago and the workers said "It wasn't officially opened" But I rode it and no one shot me, and others ride it too. The trail is complete so no worries about hurting anything (the trail or you) and it's no longer blocked off. I was told they're just adding in a few features here and there I figured they meant some skinnies or something like that.

I doubt there's any footage up yet. And If you head up the left side of phase one it branches off right near the beginning of Medusa, I'd suggest hitting it after you've finished all of your phase one riding.

It's big, it's fast, it's flowy. You can get pretty respectable air. It's the most fun I've had in years! You'll definitely enjoy it as long as you remember to put on your big boy bike shorts. It's still a lot of fun even if you don't launch off the jumps, but I suggest you give that a shot!

Also some slight changes have been done to the rest of phase one. Most notably is the end (left side) of Armadillo's last stand has been revamped and now has a bunch of little 1-2 foot jumps that are a lot of fun. Just don't hit them at more than 70 or %80 steam, there's not nearly enough room to land at full tilt! I found that out the hard way!

#7 ·
Drove down from KC and rode Slaughter Pen for the first time last week. I was blown away with how good it is, did the down hill 3 times. Also hit Blowing Springs, these are super nice too! The trails are so smooth that my rigid SS 29er had no problem, there is some climbing though. I'll be back in a couple weeks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.