mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Need Help Planning Bikepacking Route

So I've done about 5 different routes all of which have included the Womble and the OT. When we went in the spring a group of us started on the eastern most portion in Arkansas that we could on the OT off of a highway and rode that to what I think is the Big Brushy Campground. It's about a 25 mile very difficult ride. Then we continue on the OT all the way to where The Womble intersects it, follow the Womble all the way to the other side where it ends at the lake. Take dirt roads back around and over to the OT and head back. This takes us a solid 2.5 to 3 days.

My question is. If it was possible to miss that first 25 miles of the OT, is there anywhere near the womble ot the OT that we could ride to (dirt roads are fine) to pick up some more singletrack to make up for the lost mileage? WE want to continue doing the OT and Womble trail "race" loop as part of our trip.

Thenne, if you are still on here can you help us out? You helped me a year or two ago with some planning. I wasn't sure if the Lovvit trail is completed or worth the addition.

Looking to go in October.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I've got the goods but most of the big trails are too wooly to mess with until after some hard frosts. Even I stay on the gravel till then. Winter/Spring are best for us as some trail work gets done by then etc.