mtbr member
    Aug 2013

NC transplant seeks local riding buddy- Litlle Rock

Hey guys.
    I recently moved to the Little Rock area from Asheville, NC (and its glorious mountains). I am basically looking for a local that wouldn't mind showing me the trails.

I am a 25 year old woman, a fairly seasoned rider, whose steed is a 29er steel frame hardtail. I'm not fast, but I can definitely keep up. I really dig long rides, and would love to see what technical stuff this area has. My schedule during the week is kind of tight (getting off work around 5 or 6) but I have the weekend wide open.

I'm going nuts missing my NC mtns! Show me what treasures AR has

PS I am right by Allsopp park, & would love to follow a local thru there.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I replied in the other thread too - but just wanted to say that the stuff around here generally isn't that technical. Allsopp is less groomed and there are a couple of technical areas but it's not bad. Jackfork out by Pinnacle Mtn is a tougher trail too but not super technical.

I would say Syllamo has some of the technical stuff but that's about 2 hrs north of here.

I think I have some folks who may get together Thurs night at Burns if you want to join up. Or maybe Allsopp if you'd rather ride there.

Quote Originally Posted by negativecreep View Post
    Hey guys.
    I recently moved to the Little Rock area from Asheville, NC (and its glorious mountains). I am basically looking for a local that wouldn't mind showing me the trails.

I am a 25 year old woman, a fairly seasoned rider, whose steed is a 29er steel frame hardtail. I'm not fast, but I can definitely keep up. I really dig long rides, and would love to see what technical stuff this area has. My schedule during the week is kind of tight (getting off work around 5 or 6) but I have the weekend wide open.

I'm going nuts missing my NC mtns! Show me what treasures AR has

PS I am right by Allsopp park, & would love to follow a local thru there.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I've spent a bunch of time in the NC mountains and you will be happy here once you get out of town and discover the Ouachita Trail/Womble area out west and Syllamo to the north.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by THenne View Post
    I've spent a bunch of time in the NC mountains and you will be happy here once you get out of town and discover the Ouachita Trail/Womble area out west and Syllamo to the north.
    hey! thanks! i've heard that and i appreciate the recommendation. definitely looking for people to ride with wherever i go though, so please hit me up if you ever feel like showing me around that area

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    hey! thank you so much for the response. this week i got roped into an extracurricular work engagement on weds & thursday, so i won't be free until next week (or this weekend). would absolutely love to meet up though! planning any rides this weekend or next week?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Hey no worries. I will probably be able to get out for a ride Sat morning/early afternoon or possibly Sunday. Sunday plans are up in the air right now.

FYI, there's a bike swap going on at the River Market Sat morning starting at 9am where people will be buying/selling/trading bike stuff. I may check that out at some point. And Sunday there's a work day planned at the Jackfork MTB trails out by Pinnacle Mtn State Park starting at 1pm. Goal is to blow/rake off the trails out there & maybe do some re-routes. I think ppl may try to ride some after that so you guys are welcome to go out to that if you're interested. If I don't have anything else going on, I will try to go out to that as well.

Next week, same as this week, will probably be riding Wed at the very least, and possibly Thurs.

mtbr member
    I'm planning on going to the swap meet on Saturday. Maybe I'll see some of you there.
    I like to ride bikes.

Broke college student
    Dec 2009
    Hey, I think we met at Allsop earlier. Name is Nick. I imagine I'll be riding again on Sunday,if the weather holds. Probably hitting burns, emerald park, and Allsop again. I'll let you know if I end up going and maybe we could meet up and get you oriented around the trails!
    I like beer.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    oops nevermind! : )

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by nickav21 View Post
    Hey, I think we met at Allsop earlier. Name is Nick. I imagine I'll be riding again on Sunday,if the weather holds. Probably hitting burns, emerald park, and Allsop again. I'll let you know if I end up going and maybe we could meet up and get you oriented around the trails!
    hi nick! yep that was definitely me... id love to meet up; not sure if sunday will work this week (it possibly could) but shoot me a direct message and we can trade emails/numbers! hope you guys had a great ride