Semper Fi
    Jul 2007

Moving somewhere near little rock in a few weeks.

What's the scene looking like out that way? Right now, I've got a single wide to live in until I can scope out the area and find someplace to live.

I've got a Cdale rize two and an ibex atlas expert in the moving truck. recommend me some trails to get familiar with the area? Any clubs or groups for a mid speed guy?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    We have a quite nice system of paved and off-road trails in the Little Rock area. Here's a map showing some of the ones in the LR area:

NLRPR - Burns Park Trails

Here's a map of mtn bike trails at Camp Robinson in North Little Rock:

Don’t Get Lost at Camp Robinson

Riding out at Camp Robinson requires you to acquire a pass (instructions are linked in the post as well).

There's also some paved trails out at Two Rivers Park, mtn bike trails out at Pinnacle Mtn State Park, mtn bike trails at Allsopp & Boyle Park (not shown on the first map). There are various riding groups in the area, best thing to do is to hit one of the local bike shops & inquire there.

Semper Fi
    Jul 2007
    Nice...Ill have to check out some of those spots.

mtbr member
    Move here for the job....stay here for the trails! Welcome to Central Arkansas!
    Visit us here: ArkansasOutside.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Hit the Womble before it gets too hot. I rode it from North Fork Lake to Highway 27 with a buddy on Wednesday and it is in good shape.

Semper Fi
    Jul 2007
    I will check all that out. Looks like I should be rolling in somewhere around the 6th of may. Gotta set up my living situation and then I'll be good.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    If u ever make it to Conway I'd suggest riding at Cadron Creek Settlement.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Semper Fi
    Jul 2007
    Conway is where I will be staying for now.

mtbr member
    We have a pretty good group of riders that ride on the weekends. Maybe you can join once you are settled in and ready.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Syllamo is another epic trail that is about 1.5 hours from Conway. Cadron is a nice trail on the west side of town.

Semper Fi
    Jul 2007
    Got a slight reprieve..... My start date was pushed back to the 14th so I could do a bunch of required online training first. I just completed a bunch of job training for them and thought I was done. Now the " advanced" online training gets done and then I go on the job training for 3 months. What fun.

Semper Fi
    Jul 2007
    I'm here...pulled in Saturday AM. So far I drove over to toad suck locks, and saw the colleges.

Can you point me towards Cadron creek trailhead? I'll take a peak at that one first since its close.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Glad you made it okay. Heres the link with the best instructions.

Cadron Settlement Park Trail Arkansas Trail Reviews

If you have any problems/questions, post 'em.

mtbr member
    Cadron is a good work out, but you will probably want to pick up the Camp Robinson Sportsman Pass to ride the CARP trial. Burns Park MTB trail is a good one too.

mtbr member
    little rock has great riding and variety. come ride burns park (park at bmx track), alsopp park (fairly technical, not beginner), boyle park (good mix of flat and short steep hills - theres really 2 separate loops here and you might do best going with someone that knows), the jackfork (tight and twisty - also not beginner), pfiefer loop (part of burns but not really) and finally CAMP ROBINSON.

camp robinson is a true gem but you have to get a pass and that can be a pain. you will need to go to the main gate m-th during regular biz hours, pay a small fee and show valid ID and insurance. theres no way around this but it is worth it. miles and miles of trail. its suffered some lately due to timber harvest and construction projects but its still the best in town.

burns park is a close second to camp robinson. camp is better mostly due to more trails and variety but its really the same chain of hills in NLR. if you ride every inch of burns park you will have fun and get a hell of a workout. sometimes there is a thurs group ride there that starts at 630 but chances are if you head out there during reasonable temperatures you will see many other riders and they can show you where to go as some of the sections arent obvious or all that well marked. be prepared for some extended rock gardens tho.

now if you are willing to travel a stretch then there are at least 3 really high quality rides:
    1. womble trail, mt ida arkansas
    2. syllamo, near mtn home arkansas
    3. ouachita trail (can loop with womble)** however, ouachita trail is a serious effort with long climbs, some gnarly downhills and quasi remote

in short, arkansas has the best trails in the region. central arkansas is pretty strong in terms of cycling and cycling support. good shops in little rock are Spokes, AR Cycling and Fitness and Chainwheel. good mechanic is e2 bike repair (you can hit him up thru facebook).

i'm sure theres a lot i missed and no offense to anyone if i didnt plug their favorite shop or place.