• 11-21-2012
    bikesinmud
    Moving to Houma, need advice
    Hey riders, Kinda general topic and I'm sure I'll find out more once I move to Houma. Need to know what the area has to offer in the way of XC, road and cross (rides and races). And of course which bike shop/clubs do you recommend. Thanks in advance.
  • 11-22-2012
    ratboy
    contact NOMAMBO their email address is nomambo@gmail.com. they do lots of road trips, club tt's, night rides, as well as xc races throughout the year
  • 11-22-2012
    evenslower
    From a native who hasn't lived there in years...........take up fishing. Biking is the sux there but the fishing is world class. I'm serious.
  • 11-22-2012
    Bill in Houston
    It's a fishing/boating/hunting kind of place.
  • 11-22-2012
    ratboy
    There is good riding if you know where to go
  • 11-23-2012
    evenslower
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ratboy View Post
    There is good riding if you know where to go

I hear you, I'll say there are "fun" places an hour or two away from Houma, I still bring a bike when I visit just to get outside. I'd take up running to stay in shape and fill in the spare time with fishing and duck hunting.
  • 11-24-2012
    bikesinmud
    I'm also really looking forward to all the out door activities, esp the fishing. My wife is excited 'cause she says now we can get a boat!
  • 11-24-2012
    chomxxo
    Most of the mountain bike trails in the state:
    LOCO Area MTB Trails - Google Maps

USAC-sanctioned state championship series:
    Louisiana State Championship | The 2012 LA XC Series of Mountain Bike Racing
  • 11-25-2012
    bikesinmud
    thanks chomxxo, looks like a lot happening locally on the road, tt side of things.
  • 11-28-2012
    kbabin
    Plan to "geaux" on road trips.... You will get the joke once you move there.

Lived there in the 70-80's... Not a bike friend place by my memory...