mtbr member
    May 2010

Moving to Ft. Smith area soon

Hey all, moving to fort smith area in december. I am aware of all the trails in northwest arkansas area, as well as all the trails the ouachitas have to offer. I plan on visiting both places often, but I am looking for trails around the Ft. Smith area that are closer and within an hour's drive. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

mtbr member
    The trails at Ben Geren Park will be in your backyard and I've always enjoyed riding them. I couldn't find a good map but here is a video I found. I started it at 3minutes in so you see more of the single track.
    Visit us here: ArkansasOutside.com

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Thanks Arkansas Outside! That video has me pumped about the ben geren trails! Do you know how many miles of singletrack are out there? Also I believe there are some trails close to van buren called lee creek trails. I found the info and videos from mtbark. Those look like sweet trails too. So between ben geren and lee creek, i will have some nice singletrack to ride close to home.

mtbr member
    Yes you do. Last time I rode Ben Geren (a couple of years ago) it had about 10 miles of singletrack. I've also heard that singletrack is in the plans for Lake Fort Smith State Park just up the road. And Devil's Den State Park is only about 45 minutes up the road and home to the Championship races and MTB festivals. Here is a link to some pictures of trail they just repaired from a recent flood. Welcome to Arkansas! Where do you hail from?
    Visit us here: ArkansasOutside.com

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Thanks, but I have lived in Arkansas since I was 3. I am in Conway right now going to college, but my wife has a job opportunity around the fort smith area, and so we will be moving there in December. I will have internships in that area of the state for 6 months, and then graduate next August. I have no doubt that I will be able to find a job around that area as well. I have ridden the trails at Burns park, but not since they have built new trails. I have also ridden trails at Camp Robinson, but school has become the top priority in the past year, so I have kind of put mountain biking on the shelf until I can graduate school. Any links or more info on the possible trail near lake fort smith? I know it takes a lot of things to come together for a new trail to be constructed and open.