mtn pirate
    May 2006

Moving to Bentonville area, advice?

Hi, I'm going to be moving to the Bentonville area soon. Looks like a lot of good rides around there. Can anybody suggest areas of the city/county to look for housing that will be close to trails? I don't want to be on the south side if all the trails are up north or visa versa if you know what I mean! Thanks in advance for the info!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Bentonville AR Trail

Hi, the main trail in Bentonville is the Slaughter Pen Trail. The trail is located in the Northwest part of Bentonville. The area also adjoins to Bella Vista to the north which connects to the trail system. There are also plans under way to connect Northwest Arkansas with bike trails. Downtown Bentonville easily connects to the trail. Bentonville even has a Bicycle coalition which might be of help. The trail is great!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Where are you moving from? Traffic around here isn't bad. Takes 10 minutes to get from south bville to north bville. There's also lake fayetteville, about 25 minutes from bville that's got decent trails.

Sent from my VM670 using tapatalk

mtn pirate
    May 2006
    Moving from Greenville, SC. I moved here from Asheville, NC and the trails were 20 minutes outside town. Guess I'm a little spoiled by that but i want to be close to the local trails.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Well this is a great area with lots of outdoor activities to do. Not much night life aside from fayetteville, and not really much fine living style like nice restaurants, but if you like being outside then its awesome. Plus aside from a couple places, its a pretty safe area.

Sent from my VM670 using tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    There are also trails at Hobbs. Welcome to NWA.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Be sure to hit up the following:

1. Slaughterpen Hollow - all three phases....don't park in the doctor's office parking until after 5 or so (you'll get towed)
    - This trail system has just about everything, medium steep climbs, flowing single track, a dirt jump park, a newer section with quick short climbs and fast flowing downs, a fairly good sized groomed downhill section with bermed corners, and a few good stationary man-made obstacles.

2. Blowing Springs - make sure to park on the grassy area before the guard shack
    - This is a newer trail system, and it's growing! They're adding on some new trail as we speak. It's short, fast, and flowy, with some really cool rock formations. 4 or 5 miles, but all of it fun enough to do a few times over on a single visit.

3. Hobbs - go to the ranger station and ask some questions, probably don't want to do this if you're on a time constraint. I'm pretty sure there's 20-30 miles of smooth flowing singletrack with some challenging climbs.

4. Lincoln Park (not really sure if this is the name, but it's close to Lincoln highschool, not too far from Slaughterpen trail system).
    - This is pretty much a pump track in the woods. Pretty cool, and fun to session over and over.

5. Devils Den - Haven't made it out there yet, but I've talked to quite a few folks that really love this trail, south of Fayetteville.

6. Ouachita National Forest - Holy cow single track. This is the site of the Ouachita Challenge in the early spring - If you have a weekend to head down to Mena, AR, it's definitely worth a camping trip down there to see all the amazing singletrack. It'll take a whole weekend too!

If you're wanting to join up with a fun group of guys, check out Mojo Cycles. Dave, the owner, will gladly add you to the "POD" and send you an email every weekday. He sends out updates on what's going on, group rides every week, and some fun pictures to keep you pumped for the next ride!

mtbr member
    Add Lake Leatherwood Trails in Eureka Springs to the list...

Trail Map, Prices, and Rules - The Eureka Springs Parks and Recreation Commission

mtbr member
    Welcome to the area! We have regular weekly rides from the Bentonville square. Just check in at the Phat Tire bike shop or at Bike Bentonville | Bike Advocacy in Bentonville, AR