honez1414
    Jan 2011

LOViT Trail and drinking water

I enjoy making the drive up from Central Louisiana to get in a few real hills from time to time. I make it a point to ride the Womble and Cedar Glades but have somehow left this trail system out until now. I'm planning my next trip up in mid March so I've found trail maps and a few websites. It sounds like there are plenty of miles to be ridden here stretching all the way from Denby Bay to Brady Mtn Rd. My question is drinking water. Will I have access to any on the trail or will I need to stage my own? I'd like to start at Denby and ride the entire trail out and back. From what I've read, this will be somewhere near 50 miles if I include all the sections?

honez1414
    Jan 2011
    so any water at the camps or trailheads?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Not at trailheads but yes at camp areas like Crystal Spprings. Also store just around the bend on Mt Harbor road. Also a great spring behind Charlton w the best water around.

honez1414
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by THenne View Post
    Not at trailheads but yes at camp areas like Crystal Spprings. Also store just around the bend on Mt Harbor road. Also a great spring behind Charlton w the best water around.

Is that "Pipe Spring" on the map? Awesome, thanks for the help.

mtbr member
    I rode the newest section, which is #7, between Crystal Springs and Brady Mountain this past Friday. I attempted to go out and back, starting and at the Brady Mountain rd trailhead. I was pushing my bike within the first 10 minutes of my ride. Its basically 400ft straight up to the top of the ridge line and then sections of 100ft climbs and descents all the way to the other side. I turn back for home 2 miles away from the Crystal Springs campground because my legs were already in bad shape. I ended up pushing most of the steeps on my way back. I was TOAST!

According to me Strava app i gained over 2400ft. Unless you are ridiculously fit and riding a sub 30lbs trail bike, you may wanna skip this section.

It had some of the most fun downhill i've ever ridden, but some of the steepest and by far the lengthiest climbs i've ever encountered. It honestly felt like bike up lift access trails.

honez1414
    Jan 2011
    got an elevation profile i can look at? like strava or garmin connect. And thanks for the info.

mtbr member
    Here

mtbr member
    you

mtbr member
    go: