Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 43
  1. #1
    I <3 NM
    Reputation: MTBNate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,099

    Louisiana MTB Clubs & Trail Info Links

    Northwest/North Central La (I-20 Corridor)/Shreveport-Bossier: www.locomtb.com

    Baton Rouge: www.bramba.org

    New Orleans, La: www.nomambo.com

    Northeast/Monroe area: www.nelacycling.org

    Lafayette: http://cajuncyclists.bicycleracing.com/
    Last edited by MTBNate; 02-11-2008 at 08:50 PM.
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.


  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,126
    Just going to add on to your post here Nate,

    New webforum for the Northeast/Monroe area:
    www.nelacycling.org

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wddamf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    254
    Thanks for the love, N8!

    New Orleans Metro Area Mountain Bike Organization - www.nomambo.com

  4. #4
    I <3 NM
    Reputation: MTBNate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,099
    Quote Originally Posted by wddamf
    Thanks for the love, N8!

    New Orleans Metro Area Mountain Bike Organization - www.nomambo.com

    I thought you all were using BRAMBA's site for your stuff in NO..??

    If not, my bad.
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.


  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wddamf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    254
    Yeah, we partnered up on the forum since we're so close geographically (lots of the same forum members). We still have our NOMAMBO website for club info and such though.

    No worries, though - I was just being a smartarse!

  6. #6
    btc
    btc is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    31
    Nate, you can also add this one to your post for Lafayette, this is a road bike club, we dont have a mountain bike club in Lafayette. I use their route regularly.

    http://cajuncyclists.bicycleracing.com/

  7. #7
    I <3 NM
    Reputation: MTBNate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,099
    Quote Originally Posted by btc
    Nate, you can also add this one to your post for Lafayette, this is a road bike club, we dont have a mountain bike club in Lafayette. I use their route regularly.

    http://cajuncyclists.bicycleracing.com/
    done
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.


  8. #8
    I <3 NM
    Reputation: MTBNate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,099
    Google map of trails & shops in NW Louisiana

    http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...9,4.290161&z=8
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.


  9. #9
    I <3 NM
    Reputation: MTBNate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,099
    Need to add:

    West Feliciana Parish/Tunica: http://tunicatrails.org
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.


  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chomxxo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    785
    Thanks Nate!

    "Art is a lie that tells us the truth"
    -Picasso


    Quote Originally Posted by MTBNate
    Need to add:

    West Feliciana Parish/Tunica: http://tunicatrails.org

  11. #11
    I <3 NM
    Reputation: MTBNate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,099
    Quote Originally Posted by chomxxo
    Thanks Nate!

    "Art is a lie that tells us the truth"
    -Picasso

    Now added to LOCO's google map!
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.


  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    10
    Hi gang, looking for opportunities to ride my new 29er bike on trails, etc around the Lafayette region. Pretty new at this, haven't discovered the places yet. Mid-aged re-entry rider looking for exercise, etc. Nothing too hardcore, but enjoy new outdoor adventures, gps/routing, etc. Would welcome suggestions for short weekday jaunts, as well as daytrips. Trails best, sidewalks ok, but minimal mixing with cars preferred, but tolerated.
    All suggestions appreciated. Thx!

  13. #13
    I <3 NM
    Reputation: MTBNate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,099
    Quote Originally Posted by mnormand
    Hi gang, looking for opportunities to ride my new 29er bike on trails, etc around the Lafayette region. Pretty new at this, haven't discovered the places yet. Mid-aged re-entry rider looking for exercise, etc. Nothing too hardcore, but enjoy new outdoor adventures, gps/routing, etc. Would welcome suggestions for short weekday jaunts, as well as daytrips. Trails best, sidewalks ok, but minimal mixing with cars preferred, but tolerated.
    All suggestions appreciated. Thx!

    www.locomtb.com

    enjoy!
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.


  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    281
    you can also check out bramba and nomambo. they are closer to your area. bramba is in baton rouge and nomambo is new orleans. bramba.org and nomambo.net

  15. #15
    smell the saddle...
    Reputation: stumonky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    629
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBNate
    Google map of trails & shops in NW Louisiana

    http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...9,4.290161&z=8
    I'm expanding on this location map to full-blown interactive map, see thread http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...18#post6644918

  16. #16
    I'm Slow
    Reputation: paulrb02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    330
    The address for The New Orleans one is www.nomambo.net

    Looks like they lost the .com

  17. #17
    DTL
    DTL is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DTL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    440
    Are there any good mtb trail in the New Orleans area? I live in Houston but sometimes visit NO.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    281
    there are many good trails in the area. you have the bonnet carre spillway and the comite trails in the baton rouge area.

  19. #19
    DTL
    DTL is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DTL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    440
    How far is Baton Rouge from NO? About an hour? I couldn't find any trail reviews on this site for the NO area. Are there any for some trails within about a half hour of NO?

  20. #20
    What could go wrong ...
    Reputation: Zoke2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,988
    Yes Baton Rouge is about an hour from New Orleans ... the Spillway trail is in Norco about 20 mins outside New Orleans .... here is the mtbr review
    I used to ride to Win ... Now I ride to Grin

    While my guitar gently weeps, my bike sits there mocking me

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    281
    Nothing within !half hour. For reviews look at bonnet carre spillway and comite

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    18
    New trail at Cypress Bend Resort, on Lake Toledo Bend near Many,LA. Trail open now, but Grand Opening & Fast Lap Challenge info found at www.cypressbendresort.com/trails:

    5 possible loops ranging from 1-6 miles, can be ridden consecutively to create longer distances. Fast trail that requires strength and skill to conquer. Traverses over highest point in region to lakeside. Nine pine log bridges, 3 12" wide raised sections totaling 70', a lot of flow with off-camber descents and full range of turn angles.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    18
    Trail video now at Cypress Bend Resort's facebook page; check it out!

  24. #24
    I <3 NM
    Reputation: MTBNate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,099
    Quote Originally Posted by CBRTrailBoss
    New trail at Cypress Bend Resort, on Lake Toledo Bend near Many,LA. Trail open now, but Grand Opening & Fast Lap Challenge info found at www.cypressbendresort.com/trails:

    5 possible loops ranging from 1-6 miles, can be ridden consecutively to create longer distances. Fast trail that requires strength and skill to conquer. Traverses over highest point in region to lakeside. Nine pine log bridges, 3 12" wide raised sections totaling 70', a lot of flow with off-camber descents and full range of turn angles.

    Post this on LOCO's forum... if you post it, they will come.

    www.locomtb.com
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.


  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    18
    Thanks mtbNate, will do!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •