Thread: Little Rock?

Ugly As F*ck

Little Rock?

Will be in Little Rock next week for work. Any time I travel I like to bike new tails and experience new dirt, but I'm not sure I'll be able to.

I will get there Monday and go straight to work, will work M-F, leaving work in the afternoon Friday to catch a flight out.

The only possible time I'd have to ride is in the evening after work, when it will be dark. I won't have a bike with me, I could potentially rent one. I don't have any lights either. I'm going to order some online that I found for cheap, but there's no way I'd get them in time.

Anything even rideable this time of year? Anyone have an extra bike or at least an extra set of lights?

I won't be heartbroken if I don't get to ride while I'm there. But I thought I'd throw this out there just to see if I get any responses.

mtbr member
    no decent rentals around here. there is great riding tho, even leaving from downtown little rock you can be on good trail in 15 min (burns park).

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Bobby's Bike & Hike rents mtn bikes, but not sure if even their "high performance" one would be good enough for you.

Bobby's Bike Hike, Rentals

Also alternative is to see if any of the LBSs rents out bikes. I could look into that for you if you want. If you can get a bike, I may be willing to take you on a ride & show you the trails. We have a standing ride on Wed nights as it is.

Ugly As F*ck
    I don't know man, that high performance bike looks pretty sweet. It has rim brakes and everything.

Even if I could find a decent bike rental it wouldn't do me any good, I'm just going to have a small rental car so I wouldn't be able to transport the bike. My only chance is if someone has an extra bike (even if it's crappy that would be cool, small or med frame) and at least an extra helmet light. It's a long shot so I won't hold my breath, but you never know.

Ugly As F*ck
    It's more hilly here than I expected. Then again I had no idea what to expect since I've never even been in Arkansas.

Too bad I don't get to ride.

mtbr member
    next time bring a bike. you can ride to trails from downtown in less than 10 min and dont need a car. and the trails are are good.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by uglyguy2 View Post
    I don't know man, that high performance bike looks pretty sweet. It has rim brakes and everything.

Even if I could find a decent bike rental it wouldn't do me any good, I'm just going to have a small rental car so I wouldn't be able to transport the bike. My only chance is if someone has an extra bike (even if it's crappy that would be cool, small or med frame) and at least an extra helmet light. It's a long shot so I won't hold my breath, but you never know.
    I'm sure that bike would be fine for a week of riding around. If you remove the wheels you should be able to fit it in most any car.

The Tortoise
    Is the consensus still that you can't rent a great bike in Little Rock? I've got a trip through there in July and thinking a rental might be better than my singlespeed for a flat-lander like me.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Little Rock is a pretty cool town. Good bit of geography. Looks like Bobby's above has upgraded their bikes a little (no more rim brakes :P). Define decent? :P

The Tortoise
    Nothing against v-brakes here, I run them just fine. I was kind of hoping for a full suspension ride though, but that doesn't look to be an option at Bobby's.
    Chainwheel's website is the only one in the area I've seen that says they will do demos. Just seeing if there was some nugget here before I started calling the shops.

mtbr member
    Go to Chainwheel and rent a demo. Problem solved.