Thread: Lewisiville AR

dlc
    mtbr member
    May 2009

Lewisiville AR

Going to be in lewisiville Ar the week of thanksgiving. It is just outside of Hope. Is there any must do riding within an hour or two? Trying to decide if I should take a bike.

mtbr member
    must do might be a stretch. the closest must-do is the womble which is in Mt Ida and approx 100mi away. closer, tho maybe not "must-do," are: Cedar Glades (Hot Springs) and Iron Mountain (Arkadelphia/Lake De Gray).

you might also check with someone from Shreveport, LA to see if there's any good trails down that way.

mtbr member
    Besides what scoutcat put....you could try Fern Hollow Trail at White Oak Lake State Park. The closest to Hope would be the Iron Mountain Trails.
    Visit us here: ArkansasOutside.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I've heard the Monkey Trail in Shreveport is awesome.

What could go wrong ...
    Yeah the Monkey Trail is worth the drive and there is a trail at Lake Bistineau and the best is Lincoln Parish Park in Ruston
    I used to ride to Win ... Now I ride to Grin

While my guitar gently weeps, my bike sits there mocking me

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Lewisville?

I used to live in Shreveport and Ruston. I have to give some props to the trails around the Shreveport/Bossier area. I have ridden Monkey trail numerous times and it always puts a big smile on my face. Most certainly worth the trip. Another trail not mentioned is Bodcau. Closer to Lewisville than the Monkey and offers some very unique, technical riding at the end.