mtbr member

How was the Ouachita Challenge this year?

Just curious to hear stories of the Ouachita Challenge this year.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    it was awesome. weather was great. this year was my first time to ever even ride up in that area.
    i came in 11th on saturday with a 5:40. course was well marked, tons of volunteers, aid stations were top notch, breakfast and dinners were good. i even won a Garmin 500 in the saturday night raffle!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by codytaylor
    it was awesome. weather was great. this year was my first time to ever even ride up in that area.
    i came in 11th on saturday with a 5:40. course was well marked, tons of volunteers, aid stations were top notch, breakfast and dinners were good. i even won a Garmin 500 in the saturday night raffle!

Ditto. Had a blast for my first challenge and first time on the trails. Rolled in at 6:22. Skipped out of town Saturday afternoon. Hate I missed the raffle. Did you have to buy tickets for the raffle or was it just for riders in the Challenge? Congrats on the 500. I just bought one recently and absolutely love it.
    If you ever see a turtle on a telephone pole, remember he had help getting there. Is there anything beer can't do?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    i bet anyone that walked into that cafeteria could have won. the girl was just handing out tickets to everyone, some people even got more than one.

ive already got a 705, so my wife snatched it from me before i even got sat down!