mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Hot Springs AR, Thanksgiving week

Coming in from DFW, bringing the 29er and ready to riiiiide. I know about the race on the 18th, so that's a maybe but honestly I'm planning the Womble and a lot of forest roads.

If you know any sweet forest road trips in the region, I'd appreciate it.

Rohloff
    I'm a fat old Aggie with a 29er heading to ride the Womble Thanksgiving week as well. I went last year and was rained out of a big ride, but did quite a bit of research, scouting and a little riding.

I ran across this gps of the Womble trail. This person did a loop with the Womble trail and some forest roads. What you'll notice is the Womble trail has a bit of elevation change and the road is relatively flat.

Womble Trail - Story, AR

When I was there I parked at the trailhead at Hwy 298 and rode East until flooding stopped me, went back, and then continued on West until I got to the top of a hill/mountain and came back to the car. Something like that works well for short trips.

This year I'd like to ride the length of the Womble and check out Cedar Glades, after the race when it'll be well marked and the best routes well worn in.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Nice, thanks!

mtbr member
    I rode the Cedar Glades trail last weekend and it was freakin' SWEET! Might check it out if you have time. It's only 5-10 minutes from downtown Hot Springs too. Has bathrooms and a bike washing station at the trail head. Check out mtbark.com if you want more info on trails in the area. It's a great resource.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Very familiar with Cedar Glades, there's a race there this Sunday the 18th. I won't be racing but totally agree it is a gem of a trail and just a very neat park all around.

mtbr member
    womble is best choice. park at fishing village and do an out and back.