swim-bike-run-bike-bike
    Oct 2009

Hot Springs = Excellent riding?

Forgive me but I'm an Okie, who is stoked about Arkansas ( I think it has been "way" overlooked)

I'll be exploring Hot Springs area Mar. 1 and 2. I hear Cedar Glades offers great riding, I've ridden the Womble ( Loved It ). What's Little Blakely about? I like " it all ". As long as it is single track.
    I plan to ride Cedar Glades Sat., my question is this, is there any trail near Hot Springs that would compare to the Womble or Little Blakey, and out of those two would you do an out and back from 27 fish camp or just hit Blakey ( since I've ridden the Womble ). But hey, if you like Filet Mignon shouldn't you order it again?

On another note: I want to "get into" whitewater kayaking. Am I dreaming, or is Arkansas the perfect place "in spring" for a ww kayaking-mtn. biking - camping trip....

If so, where is the perfect place to set base camp to do it? ( This is for a return trip during Spring Break with my 12 yr old son and friends ). I have the gear, just need a recommendation.
    [I]Red Dirt Sky[/I]

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Little Blakely is one step up in difficulty from the others but a great ride. Vista or LOVIT is the other easier trail in the area. Have fun!