mtbr member
    Jun 2011

The Giant demo rig is coming to New Orleans

Jan 28-29 and Feb. 4. Please check the demo thread under the Giant Forum.

I'll be in Jefferson and Norco Louisiana.

Cheers,
    Randy

Ride Giant Demo Tour
    Midwest Region

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/localevents/

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I will definitely be there. I love my Giant and my brother is bike shopping right now. Will it be just around the parking lot or will we be able to do a sample of the trail? Also, will bikes be available for purchase on site? I assume no, but just wondering.

I <3 NM
    Whoa... Giant is missing out on the largest population of MTBers in Lousiana by not coming up to Shreveport.

http://www.locomtb.com/

"Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBNate View Post
    Whoa... Giant is missing out on the largest population of MTBers in Lousiana by not coming up to Shreveport

That's right. They are really missing out not coming to Shreveport. Or bossier. I'm sure one of yalls biggest giant dealers in the state would love for y'all to come to the shop ( bikes ect)

It would be good business for both the bike shop and giant

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bayoutoad View Post
    I will definitely be there. I love my Giant and my brother is bike shopping right now. Will it be just around the parking lot or will we be able to do a sample of the trail? Also, will bikes be available for purchase on site? I assume no, but just wondering.
    The demo on the 4th will be at the Bonnet Carre Spillway. You will be able to ride the mountain bikes at this one.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    That's great! I'll definitely be out there to check it out. Weather needs to clear up for us....

What could go wrong ...
    Yep I will be there ... but it looks like its going to rain
    I used to ride to Win ... Now I ride to Grin

While my guitar gently weeps, my bike sits there mocking me

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I went to check out the bikes. Impressive. What I don't understand is what is a demo? I thought it is when you actually ride the bike. When I asked, I got " none of them have pedals". I wouldn't think you would bring 8-10 bikes of each model just to pick up and sit on them? I am a Giant owner and a fan, but I left thinking why drive way down here for that? Maybe Giantdemo can help me out.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    If you would have asked
    We had pedals for you to use. You had to let us know what bike you wanted to ride and fill out a waiver and you could have ridden any bike we had. Obviously you didn't ask. But, I am sorry you didn't have a good experience.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Okay, cool. I did ask if I could ride and the guy said "They don't have pedals". That was the end of the conversation. I wasn't upset or anything. Seemed liked a lot of bikes not being ridden. On the other hand, I had a blast hitting the trail on my Giant.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Great turnout today! Glad the weather held out long enough to get a good lap in on one of the Anthems. Thanks again to the Giant guys for coming out!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Who did you talk to. Myself and giant demo were under the tent by the trailer. Neither one of us remember any conversation like that.
    Where do you live and what kind of bike were you looking to ride? I have some xtc 29er hard tails at my store I will let you demo. Just give me a call.
    Eric
    Eastbank Cyclery
    504-464-8803

What could go wrong ...
    Yeah we got lucky that the rain held off til after the Demo and the Trail was in the best shape ever ... Thanks to Giant and Ratboy for having the demo at the Spillway. I tried an Anthem and a Trance 29r and came away very impressed with both bikes. Here are some pics from the event.

Pic 5 shows Randy from Giant putting pedals on a bike
    Attached Images Attached Images              
    Last edited by Zoke2; 02-05-2012 at 11:15 AM.
    I used to ride to Win ... Now I ride to Grin

While my guitar gently weeps, my bike sits there mocking me

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    The one lap on the anthem yesterday was great. Now the new bike savings begin