Thread: burns park

mtbr member

burns park

i for one like the new trails at burns... the only thing i would have done differently was left more of the older trail open - especially the spot that let out across the street from the downhill turn to the soccer fields. then again, there was a lot of erosion and its smart they did so much re-routing. the best new trail is the stuff by the yellow loop.

it really would be nice if LR parks and rec focused on trails like NLR... boyle could easily have more trail and allsop is horribly eroded.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I believe the trails were built by the Master Naturalists. They are not tied to Burns Park, NLR parks, or even LR parks. The only way to get upgrades done at the Allsop or Boyle, would be to get with the city & ask permission to work on the trails. The city doesn't have the man power or resources to do it themselves. I wish they could, but unfortunately they don't. I agree the parks that have bike trails are in poor shape. I learned how to MTBike in Allsop Park, its in no better shape now than it was 20 years ago. Chainwheel has done some work out there; & ACF has done some work in Boyle. They might be a place to start.