Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    What could go wrong ...

Brookhaven - Mt Zion

anybody know if the trail is ridable this weekend with all the rain its gotten lately
    I used to ride to Win ... Now I ride to Grin

While my guitar gently weeps, my bike sits there mocking me

What could go wrong ...
    I rode Mt Zion last Sunday and the trail is in Great shape ... they have done some really good work to make the most of the trail ... its worth a trip out there to ride it
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Zoke2; 11-17-2009 at 07:05 PM. Reason: photo

What could go wrong ...
    rode Mt Zion yesterday and the trail is in great shape and they have been doing some tree cutting in one section but it is nothing to worry about it is only about a 25' wide section and has no effect on the ride

What could go wrong ...

Update

A group of us rode Mt Zion today (6/26) and while the weather was great the heat was a killer. They have started building a pavillion at the trailhead which will be larger and more permanent than the canopy tents there now. The trail was dry and fast and in great shape so if you are in the area try and go ride it.

What could go wrong ...

July 5th

we went back to Mt Zion in Brookhaven over the 4th of July weekend and met up with 2 of the rocket boys ... the weather was great up there since its been non stop rain at home

the Trail is nice and dry and fast so its becoming my "go to" trail lately

smell the saddle...
    Jon - looks like fun, sorry we missed you. We'll catch up soon in the next few weeks.

mwb
    mtbr member
    Nice cathing up with you and Donna again, Jon. Had fun....that trail is a blast.

Sorry didn't lap with you guys more....was kinda pressed for time. Next time I hope to check out that black diamond section, hang out and get some pics. Let me know when you guys head back.......

What could go wrong ...
    i got back to ride Mt Zion on 9/8 and 9/11 and there has been a little progress on the pavillion but it is not finished yet and the trail is in awesome shape. I did a little exploring and found some shortcuts to $100 Hill and the 12' high bridge but I am still trying to figure out how anyone can clear the creek jump off the ramp ... there is a really sketchy landing zone

Want to vent?
    That is a 12ft drop to flat? I ask as I don't see a transition.
    "I'm supa-fly TNT, I'm tha guns of the navarone!"

What could go wrong ...
    No, the 12' bridge goes all the way across but it does have an 18" drop in it and the creek jump is a different feature ... I've seen older videos of the creek jump and the landing was much clearer I guess it just doesnt get used much anymore

Want to vent?
    Ahhh well that makes it a little better, but that creek jump still looks like it is a wheel and back or neck destroyer with no transition to land on...
    "I'm supa-fly TNT, I'm tha guns of the navarone!"

mtbr member
    Looking to head to Brookhaven Sunday, 10/17/10. PM me for details if you want to meet up. I have room for a few more - meeting in LaPlace not sure on the time yet. Should be back in Nola for mid-afternoon.

mwb
    mtbr member
    The McGee Lungbuster XC race is the same day right up the road in Ridgeland. You should think about hitting that intead of Mt. Zion. Trail is in excellent shape and it should be a fun day.

What could go wrong ...
    Thanks for the heads up on the Lungbuster mwb ... I'll have to put that on my list

mwb
    mtbr member
    Jon, you should certainly come out for the race. They have the trail groomed to perfection for it. Its the last round of the SCRCS series and the last round of the MS State Games series. Should be a good turn out. They're having stuff on Saturday as well.

I'm heading up late Saturday evening. Eric is heading up after work also.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mwb
    Eric is heading up after work also.
    I guess that means no workday on Sunday then, I don't feel so bad about planning a road trip now...

What could go wrong ...
    looks like Sunday is out for me ... Vid's folks are going to be in town that day and I have to play host ... oh well maybe next year

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dixie whiskey
    I guess that means no workday on Sunday then, I don't feel so bad about planning a road trip now...
    i wasn't aware i had to be there for the workday. since everyone at the meeting was notified that i would not be there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ratboy
    i wasn't aware i had to be there for the workday. since everyone at the meeting was notified that i would not be there.
    Not to worry, we're used to doing all the trail work anyhow, have fun at the race.

Zoke - a group of us is working at the trail Sunday morning, got some prep and planning to do for the ROTD. We'll be out there for 7-8ish.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    i can recall there have been many times you were a no show. so no room to talk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ratboy
    i can recall there have been many times you were a no show. so no room to talk
    HAHA! Let's take a vote, hands down, you'll lose for poor attendance. I was out there every weekend all winter long.

It's always the tongue-in-cheek joke, "Where's Eric at...?"

mtbr member
    Whoa boys. The work day was only decided upon at the meeting on Wednesday. Lots of people had other plans prior to this. Maybe we need to think about scheduling these work days a little earlier. As I understand it, there is only about an hours work for 3 or 4 guys to get the bridges in the pipeline fixed.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lets_Ride
    Whoa boys. The work day was only decided upon at the meeting on Wednesday. Lots of people had other plans prior to this. Maybe we need to think about scheduling these work days a little earlier. As I understand it, there is only about an hours work for 3 or 4 guys to get the bridges in the pipeline fixed.
    C'mon man, I am just getting warmed up. I am long overdue for some Rat-Bashing!

mtbr member
    Hell. If it is going to be more than an hour, you can count me out. I have some sweet trophies that I need to train for!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I thought NOMAMBO had a standing policy of the Sunday after the monthly meeting to be a work day. I think it says so on the calender.

Any how 6 showed up 5 worked on the bridges in the pipeline and I took care of the hole on the out bound trail and built a new jump.

Tim

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast