Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I'd like to know the answer regarding Leatherwood as well. I live up in Springfield but finally made it down to Slaughterpen Phase I a couple weekends ago and was impressed. We have also heard blowing springs and leatherwood are some of the other top ones in NW Ark. You guys have any other suggestions?

mtbr member
    Leatherwood is good. They are adding some new DH/AM type stuff.

Hobbs is good xc stuff.. 9-15 miles.

the singletracks.com app is really good for finding trails too

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by yackcam View Post
    Any advice for us! A week from Monday we will be in Arkansas and were hoping to get a day of riding in. We will be coming from the direction of Birmingham, Alabama and headed toward Taos, NM (so along 40). We were originally going to hit Syllamo but seeing the picture above and hearing it is typically overgrown this time of year, maybe we should try something else?

We are looking for XC type riding (4+hrs type stuff). Thank you all you locals for your advice.
    +1 on the Womble suggestion. It would be an easy detour to take I-30 south (west?) when you get to Little Rock & head to Hot Springs (I usually take the Malvern Hwy 270 West exit off I-30). Gas up when you get to Hot Springs - fuel prices are higher outside of town. After riding the Womble keep going west on Hwy 270 - then north on Hwy 71 to Fort Smith. I-540 will take you back up to I-40.

Have fun!

mtbr member

Arkansas Trails in Summer

How is Old Post these days? I haven't ridden it in years. Noticed it isn't on the AMBCS schedule this year.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    They cleaned up Old Post and re designed a couple trails a yr or two ago. Come ride sometime it's about 3-4 miles from my house

mtbr member

Arkansas Trails in Summer

Quote Originally Posted by ArkTrekrider View Post
    They cleaned up Old Post and re designed a couple trails a yr or two ago. Come ride sometime it's about 3-4 miles from my house
    I'm always happy to find others to ride with. We went to Cadron this evening a I picked up a stick in my rear wheel and trashed my derailleur. First time in twenty years I have ever ruined a derailleur. As soon as I get it fixed, I'll hit you up. We love old post.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Cool, my bike is I the shop now. I'm just really getting into riding. Got a super deal on. Trek that is a little older model so being that I own a powder coat shop figured I'd strip it down and do a little makeover.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2