mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Yankee Springs! Wow, didn't expect that.

This past weekend was my first time at Yankee Springs. This trail kicked my butt! It's 13miles with a lot of sand and gravelly climbs, lots of ravines and some seriously fun "downhill" riding. I rode my SS ridged 29er which probably wasn't the best choice for this trail, at least for me. There are not really any man-made features on this trail but it is absolutely beautiful once you get into the trail a ways. "The Pines" really made me feel like I was in another part of the country.

I'm really glad something like this exist near me, I had a lot of fun and will definitely be back. We camped at the Deep Lake Unit which is a rustic campground right at the trailhead, you couldn't ask for a better spot. The DNR guy was extremely cool as were most* of the neighboring campers.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    'the pines' is my favorite section. Specifically the part where you do a large wall ride type roller. So much fun and flow. I can't wait to ride again =)

Just Ride
    Is the "pines" that part that makes you feel like your on a speeder bike in a starwars movie? Thats how it was explained to me by a LBS owner. Can't remember if it was yankee or custer he was referring too.
    SS ==> Nut up or Shut up!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    it did feel that way to me haha! I thought the ewok village was just around the corner.