mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Where can I learn as much as possible about Copper Harbor area MTB trails?

Just want to know about the type and amount of MTB trails that in the Copper Harbor area. I am in Toronto Canada, but could plan an MTB vacation to the area if it was worth while.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Best riding I've ever experienced. We live in the Sault and go there at least twice a summer. the fat tire fest is a great labor day weekend race. I'm sure you can you tube a bunch of video. The riding is technical and very hilly but worth the drive from Toronto.

Jason

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    You can go there, trust me that place is incredible!!!

mtbr member
    I've pinged a friend near Copper Harbor to let her know this thread his here. She may be willing to chime in with some information.

There are some videos on Youtube.

I hear only great things about Copper Harbor. I kick myself for living so close and yet never making it up there to ride.

mtbr member
    We reside in Houghton which is about 40 miles from Copper H. Hummmm where to learn more. Maybe go to www.copperharbortrails.org Or search YouTube with something like “ride Copper Harbor”

Here in the Keweenaw Peninsula, we have several trail systems around including Swedetown trails in Calumet, Maasto Hiihto/Churning Rapids in Hancock, Tech trails in Houghton which are just a few blocks from our home. In the immediate area, MI Tech trails have become our favorite ones. Each of these systems are quite different from each other. We think CH are the most fun, but I'd call these other systems quite fun in there own right. Does that help?? Feel free to PM us if anyone would like more specific info.

Arly Not female, although I am married to one A
    Last edited by arly; 03-23-2012 at 07:57 AM.
    Arly a tandem Nerd, Who rides them, loves them, so we sell them. superiortandems.com

mtbr member
    Here is a link to some trail information. After the link has opened, click on the trail map, you can click on some of the trails and a video of that trail will open.

Trails | www.copperharbortrails.org

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Mt. biked all over the country and spent 15 yrs in Santa Fe riding NM, CO,AZ,UT...recently moved back to N.Wisconsin and get to CH as much as possible cuz those trails kick ass and rival anything anywhere else. All those yooper trails mentioned before hand are excellent. The gang from Langlade and Bear Paw will be seeing you folks soon. Thanks for all the hard work to make Copper Harbor such an incredible area. Cheers and have FUN!

lookin' for a hill
    40 % chance of rain tonight with sunshine tomorrow... will the trails be good to ride or should we stay off? I know, it's a huge hypothetical, but it's a 9 hour drive that I would have to make tonight and would hate not being able to ride once I'm there

mtbr member
    Hummmmmm, NOAA claims 50% tonight, 20% Sat and 50% again on Sunday. Looks rather bleak to me!
    Arly a tandem Nerd, Who rides them, loves them, so we sell them. superiortandems.com