new but eager :-)
    Dec 2011

Visiting Williamston

Hey MI mtbr! I am going to be visiting my sister in Williamston and am bringing the bikes. Looking for some beginner to intermediate xc to ride for a day (not rail trail) . I found a nice trail map for 'Anderson ' in Lansing ; but can't figure out where it is. Any other ideas welcome! Thx

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

Michigan Wolverine
    This map will help you out: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...,11.755371&z=7

If you're in the Williamston area I'd recommend either Anderson or Burchfield(Lots of manmade stunts). Both are near Lansing. There is Rose Lake a bit north, but you'd be better of hitting one of the Lansing trails.
    Amassing Miles - My Little Cycling Blog

Dec 2011
    Thx Raptor TC great map! What I found on Burchfield said that it wasn't maintained and the trailmarkers were hard to follow? Is the Mid state chapter active? I found a website for them but posts where a couple of years ago!

Michigan Wolverine
    The specific trail thread is here (last post today) MMBA • View topic - Mid-State: Burchfield Its 86 pages though so it may be information overload. Burchfield is most definitely maintained though. They actually just finished building a new stunt out there in the last few weeks.

Trail map here http://mmba.org/library/maps/burchfi...chfieldmap.jpg

And the Anderson Thread: MMBA • View topic - Mid-State: Anderson Park

and Anderson map, although I think you said you already had this one: http://mmba.org/library/maps/anderso...dersonPark.pdf

Most of the chapters just use the MMBA Forum. Most of the info is under the trail conditions section.

I'd rather be on my bike
    Definitely Burchfield over Anderson.

Dec 2011
    Thx again for the info! Will be fun to compare MI trails with PA. If I take my son along which trail is considered beginner for him at Burchfield? Are there any log overs or rollers for me? Leaving Sunday can't wait!

Dec 2011
    I know which are marked beginner by the map. But which is recommended? He is 11 and can handle roots and some rock but no big logovers or drops. Thx

Michigan Wolverine
    I've never ridden there personally, but from what I've read I think there are bypasses for the really difficult stuff. Sorry, I wish I could be of more help.

I'd rather be on my bike
    There are bypasses for just about every stunt at Burchfield. Roots and rocks shouldn't be an issue. The worst of the rocks are on a trail called Dragonball Z which runs along the river. There are some log piles scattered throughout the trail for you. There are no drops, yet. One is being planned, but as of now, there are none.

I would recommend parking at the Riverbend lot, and following the trail to the left, and heading out on the McNamara loop. That is a good warm up loop, and is about 3 miles that will dump you off right back at the lot that you started at. If you head right, the more technical trails are that way, like Hansons Be-Bop, Randy's Maze, Frank's Stein, Anne's Playground, etc. The trails are now marked pretty well, and are mostly one way, or as marked. The advanced trails are mostly marked as such, so you will have an idea.

Dec 2011
    Thank you. Just what I was looking for!

I'd rather be on my bike
    When will you be riding?