mtbr member
    Apr 2007

UP/Watersmeet Area Trails?

Hey guys and gals -

I'm heading up to the UP tonight for 3 days/nights, I'll be a couple miles west of Watersmeet, MI.

Any good single track in the near area that is still open? I'm bringing the bike and would like to hit some trails.

mtbr member
    Aug 2003

Not much to speak of

Watersmeet doesn't have much going on in the way of mountain bike trails. There's an effort underway to make some biking connections but mostly on two track. They also are incorporating what's call the Agonikak Trail that heads south from the Visitor's Center in Watersmeet but I honestly couldn't tell you the type or condition of the trail but might be worth checking out. Here's the website for their efforts: www.wildernesslakestrails.org Otherwise, you could head over to Ironwood and jump on the singletrack at the Wolverine Nordic Ski Trails but it might not be easy to follow with the leaves down. Good luck .. you can always get a ride in but it probably won't be on singletrack

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Well thanks for the heads up! I'll probably still take the bike up just to bomb around forest roads. Thanks for the post!