Thread: UP road rides?

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

UP road rides?

Going to be in Houghton next week, think we are bring road bikes- anyone have any must-do road rides in the area? Any MTB trails in the area that might help me convince her that we should bring mountain bikes instead?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    for on-road, ride around the perimeter of the keewenaw peninsula. very nice ride...but honestly, with the tremendous singletrack at Tech Trails (Houghton) and spectacular trails in Copper Harbor, I wouldn't bother with the roadie stuff.
    whatever...

mtbr member
    Yeah, the mountain biking is phenomenal up there. Check out http://keweenawtrails.com/ or stop into one of the local bike shop and ask for recommendations.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Wish I had realized how much MTB stuff was up here- looks phenomenal. We did do a century loop of the peninsula yesterday- what a gorgeous ride. Depending on how our legs feel tomorrow, we might rent some mountain bikes and ride some of the trails at Copper Harbor. Definitely need to make another trip with mountain bikes and more time.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Just got back from riding the Copper Harbor trails and they are great. Best bet is to park up at the lodge and ride the trails down. The new trail west of 41 is an awesome ride. Sam at Keweenaw Adventure will run you back up to the lodge for $5-10. Also if you have time and the courage do the Stairway to Heaven just don't fall off!!!!!!!!!