mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Trail Conditions Traverse City

Hi, a group of us are heading to Traverse City this weekend (18/04) and hope to get some biking in. Anyone have any idea of the trail conditions, we normally ride the Vassa system, but would really like to try the Marrilla? trail system, directions to the trail head would be appreciated.

fool goin up, joker down
    Jan 2009
    go to weather.com
    outdoor activities- then hiking/biking- then the park or trail system that you are ridding and it will give you the weather/conditions

Riding or Drumming
    They were getting plenty of snow 2 weeks ago at Boyne (just East of T.C.) and it hasn't been too warm lately. Still might be OK but probably soggy...
    Tallboy
    Salsa El Mariachi SS
    Salsa Vaya
    Salsa Mukluk
    Surly Big Dummy

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kalahari
    Hi, a group of us are heading to Traverse City this weekend (18/04) and hope to get some biking in. Anyone have any idea of the trail conditions, we normally ride the Vassa system, but would really like to try the Marrilla? trail system, directions to the trail head would be appreciated.
    I haven't seen the VASA yet for riding conditions but I would guess there is a bunch of ice leftover from the xc ski season. If it's shady, it's going to still have snow / ice. We're about a week away IMO.
    Now the NCT trail Marilla to Red Bridge may be clear besides some of the north facing slopes. http://www.getoffthecouch.info/manistee/mannct.htm
    That's a GREAT trail!

Black Sheep rising
    Let the market decide!

N42.58 W83.06

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I drove to the VASA trail today (4/16) and there was a bunch of ice on the trail. All the grooming from this winter has made that stuff very compacted and hard to melt. I was at a area called "the rock" and there was ice in both directions.
    Now the VASA single track seemed to be a different story, I walked a couple miles of that and there was only some snow lingering.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    We rode last sat/ and sunday and the trail is now clear. a bit of snow off trail in spots but the riding was good.

Jason