Thread: TK Lawless

Just Ride

TK Lawless

Went there today to hike. We didn't hike far as the bugs were horrible there today. I've never ridden the MTB trail and am interested, but my fiance prefers hiking to riding. So I suggested maybe next time we hike the MTB trail in reverse. That way I could checkout the trail and she gets to hike.

It's an hour drive so I imagine I'll only make it there a couple more times this year. Once to hike and once to ride. How many cutouts are there from the MTB trail are there? 10 miles isn't bad on a bike, but for hiking, it's kinda far especially for her.
    SS ==> Nut up or Shut up!

mtbr member
    Riding in the normal direction you can bail out at mile 6 and I think 7.5. Hiking it you'd be committed to the whole thing after 4 miles.

I've ridden there twice in the last few weeks. Fantastic trail. Leave the boots at home and bring the bike.

Just Ride
    Rode it yesterday for the first time. I was so tired by the end it was ridiculous. I don't think it's a hard trail it was just so damn hot! I couldn't drink enough water. I'll definitely go back sometime after it gets back in the 80's at least.

Fun trail though. The downhill part into the ravine about 1.5 miles or so from the end was awesome! Because it just kept going down! The couple different halfpipe style parts were pretty sweet too! Only 1 climb I can remember that I didn't like, the rest weren't bad. But like I said, the heat was intense! So that helped take it's toll for sure. Killed my camelbak + a bottle of water, that started out frozen, before I got back to the car.
    SS ==> Nut up or Shut up!

mtbr member
    I rode it yesterday morning with some friends. It was toasty at the end of the first lap, just freaking hot at the end of the second, and all that by 11:30. I think it was in the mid-90s when we finished riding. I hammered the last 4 miles of the second lap trying to keep my friends from catching me hurt quite a bit!

XXIX
    Haha! I rode it yesterday too and it was fun. Being from Florida the low humidity was nice. The trail was great, nicely groomed and well maintained.

Sent from my X10a using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2