mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Is there any good singletrack near Grosse Point?

I'm asking for a friend who lives there, I don't live in MI so I don't know the area at all.

The Pain Train
    Jun 2010
    Tell him to check out http://www.mmba.org. They have forums there with different "Chapters" for different regions and could probably help out.
    Nick Armstrong
    -Windsor Cliff 4900
    RockShox Dart2, Deore FD, Deore XT RD, TruVativ 5D, Alex DP17, WTB Velociraptors

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Up 75 is Stony Creek. But that is still kind of a drive... Look at the Trail Guide on MMBA.ORG to see locations.

mtbr member
    I work in Grosse Pointe and live in St. Clair Shores, about 9 miles from there. Unfortunately this is one of my problems in this area--no good rides within a 45 minute drive. Tell your bud that Stoney Creek, Bloomer, River Bends Park in Shelby Twp (new trails there recently) may be the closest single track to him.

Also +1 for MMBA, check out their trail guide.

jalopy jockey
    Jun 2007
    No that's Michigan's mountain biking hell.

Closest is probably what Strohme said. Or there is some fun stuff about an hour east on I696/96 Novi, Island lake, etc.

MMBA,org is the key but Grosse point is all about money and boats. You friend needs to move if he wants to ride.

I have at least 6 trails within a 45 minute ride. one under 5.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    There used to be a place to ride up near 16 mile and Jefferson, just before you get to Metro Beach. It wasn't very long, but it was fun to ride. Close to a place called "Eddie's Drive in."

It was a trail that ran along the Clinton river spillway as it enters Lake St. Clair.

That's about it. I live there, and there are pretty places to ride, just not off-road. I finally bit the bullet, succumbed to life in the cement wasteland, and bought some slicks so I can enjoy Lakeshore on my bike.