mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Tell me about riding near Ann Arbor!

I've just returned from a job interview in Ann Arbor and I'm fairly certain that I will recieve an offer on Monday. I need to learn a bit about about the riding in the area. I ride fairly agressive cross country and love to climb, drops and jumps are not particularly important to me. Can you tell me how much riding is in the area and give me a bit of a descrition. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Got Homebrew?
    Check out MMBA.org and look for Wednesday Rides at Bandamer park.

We meet there at 6pm and always are glad to show people the trails.
    Mountain biking is not about how fast you go, it's about how many new friends you have at the bar after the ride.

mtbr member
    Yep A2 is blessed with a nice modular network of trails that let you link up a 15-20 mile ride. Then there are local destination trails like the Poto, Brighton Rec, Island Lake and Maybury within about a half an hour drive.
    Range a little farther and there's Milford, Novi, Highland, Pontiac Lake. NE Detroit metro area has several more.
    You could do much worse than living in Ann Arbor. Not a lot of elevation but all these trails are kinda like a roller coaster ride thru the woods .